Galaxy S20 Ultra’s problematic camera autofocus should qualify it for refunds

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The camera hardware was known before anyone ordered it, it was obvious it would never focus as well as previous phones due to the hardware. Just as the shallow depth of field so many complain about on both the S20U and N20U was a well known thing.

Then anyone who bought one had the option to return it if they weren't happy with it.

There is zero reason Samsung should replace working phones with a different model phone because users decided to keep a phone they don't like. Start a petition if you'd like, it won't accomplish anything.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
ah OP...1 of my favourite brand...sadly OP isnt sold in Indonesia anymore...and buying a unit from overseas would mean if anything was to happen then ill have to go overseas.the last OP i had was the OP7P...amazing phone...but the software is quite a hit n miss...thats for me personally though.

I'll have to look more into the UI on OP devices to become better informed. I've seen them on a few tech reviews and once heard it said that they were bright company. A hidden gem if you will. I never really paid much attention to them however. Most likely due to my brand blindness. You're the first real world person I've heard say anything about the UI and to me UI is about equally as important as hardware and OS. I mean what good is a phone that can't manage apps or is too confusing to use?

Thanks for the insight.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'll have to look more into the UI on OP devices to become better informed. I've seen them on a few tech reviews and once heard it said that they were bright company. A hidden gem if you will. I never really paid much attention to them however. Most likely due to my brand blindness. You're the first real world person I've heard say anything about the UI and to me UI is about equally as important as hardware and OS. I mean what good is a phone that can't manage apps or is too confusing to use?

Thanks for the insight.
OP is very solid device, UI like its Nova stock and very fast .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The camera hardware was known before anyone ordered it, it was obvious it would never focus as well as previous phones due to the hardware. Just as the shallow depth of field so many complain about on both the S20U and N20U was a well known thing.

Then anyone who bought one had the option to return it if they weren't happy with it.

There is zero reason Samsung should replace working phones with a different model phone because users decided to keep a phone they don't like. Start a petition if you'd like, it won't accomplish anything.
Exactly. The note 20 is having camera issues as reported by some, so switching to the note 20 is not going to change anything.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah the 100x zoom... 30x zoom is the best for me personally. More than that is horrible...

Actually this was exactly what MKBHD said in his review of the S20. He sighted that 100X was more gimmicky than practical and went on to say that up to the 30X was excellent and probably still not a zoom level that most would use very often.

One of his latest reviews, a week ago as of this comment, is titled Samsung Galaxy Nope 20 talking about the regular Note 20. If anyone is interested.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually this was exactly what MKBHD said in his review of the S20. He sighted that 100X was more gimmicky than practical and went on to say that up to the 30X was excellent and probably still not a zoom level that most would use very often.

One of his latest reviews, a week ago as of this comment, is titled Samsung Galaxy Nope 20 talking about the regular Note 20. If anyone is interested.

30x zoom gives nice color...going more than 30x destroys the color...and 100x zoom is overkill...at this moment at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103