Galaxy S5 "contacts has stopped" message, why?

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling Google+. I did that and haven't had any problems. Its like a new phone, faster, longer battery life and no errors.

I wonder if anyone knows why Google+ causes the issue? I use Google+ on occasion, so not sure I want to inactivate it myself, but could a new Google+ version fix it?

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I cleared my cache and data on Google+ then uninstalled updates and after that re-downloaded the current version of Google+. So far so good for today.

Posted via the Android Central App

matddh

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 3 with the same issue since I upgraded to lollipop. My issue was caused by linkedin. If I install it and run the phone app I get that error and it closes....If I uninstall linkedin then everything is OK.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I think the mistake was you reinstalled Google+. I was thinking about doing that myself so I guess I am glad I didn't. My phone is still working great since I disable it.

Yeah, I'm betting I need to wait for Google to figure it out and fix it, because I use Google+. Maybe I'll submit an error report, they were really good about following up on Google Maps when I reported a routing issue, hopefully the group on + is just as good.

itguy14

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Just another in the long line of problems with the latest version of Andriod. Wish I had never bought this phone. No one at Samsung seems to care about when these issues will get fixed, if ever

Amen. I should have picked the iPhone 5s... Oh well, I'll never make the Android Mistake again!

Edit: Just read on T-Mobile's support that it's Google+ that is the cause. You'd think Google could at least test their own software before release. Then again, they would rather concentrate on selling your habits, browsing history, etc than getting a reliable OS out the door.

Dale Williams

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Here's the fix I found by Googling:
1. Settings....Applications...App Manager...Scroll right til you select ALL.
Select "CONTACTS" and click on "CLEAR DATA". Then restart as soon as it's cleared.

I tried it but only about 2-hours ago, haven't had it and it was coming up a lot. Not sure if it'll work but might be worth the try.

Myboys72

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I have it happen too... Not just contacts, also, maps, texts, music, chrome... Ever since this P. O. S. Lollipop update. My phone literally sucks now.......

leahno1auntie

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
i got my s5 on saturday so was disapointed to see this message keep popping up on my screen when closing apps
i read about google + and i dont use it so have disabled it will let you know if it solves the issue

Tania Armstrong

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Me too!!! Ugh it's so frustrating!!! I just got my S5 in January & the glitches are out of control. The screen freezes, internet browsing is slow & my calls drop. I'm ready to do a factory reset if I can't figure out how to fix my issues with the phone.