Galaxy S5 gets the S6 Smart Manager & Stagefright fix in new updates

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 gets the S6 Smart Manager & Stagefright fix in latest updates

Well, I'm still running with Oi1, while OJ1 has been released iirc like 5 months ago? Really sucks.

You are on Oi1 firmware = changelist #5640614 as opposed to OJ1 on changelist #5508620

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 gets the S6 Smart Manager & Stagefright fix in latest updates

You do indeed, as I predicted, have the latest release, OJ1. A lot of these so-called Stagefright detectors give very spurious and misleading readings. I use the one from the company that actually discovered the vulnerability in the first place, Zimperium. Stagefright Detector

EDIT: My bad amar7!

I was looking at KSA, (Saudi Arabia), and not at XSG, (UAE). You actually have the older firmware, Oi1. This would account for the Stagefright discrepancy.

You are on Oi1 firmware = changelist #5640614 as opposed to OJ1 on changelist #5508620

This is confusing to me, I wonder now, which one is the newest? I know from experience that an OS update without formatting can and often does lead to issues. That's the case with windows and Android aswell it seems. But I have too many apps and settings I wouldn't want to reinstall them all by resetting the device, so I'm really wating for the next update, to hopefully fix my issues, but it's been about 4 months now that I haven't recieved any updates. :(