Galaxy S5 on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint lacking Download Booster feature

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Download booster disabled

I suspect AT&T and Verizon will remove it. Why, well they don't want you not paying them and they certainly don't want you using both wifi and their network which already has crappy LTE speeds as it is. So yeah expect it to be removed from the big 2 carriers.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
re: Just as I Suspected - WiFi Booster Absent on AT&T Galaxy S5

Evil! I was in ATT yesterday playing with the S5 and everybody in there was buying an iPhone or complaining about the iPhone and the [inappropriate language removed by moderator] ATT service. Even with all the sweet phones they carry. I'm going with S5 at Sprint and the sprint service in my area is fully built out and smoking fast.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Evil! I was in ATT yesterday playing with the S5 and everybody in there was buying an iPhone or complaining about the iPhone and the [inappropriate language removed by moderator] ATT service. Even with all the sweet phones they carry. I'm going with S5 at Sprint and the sprint service in my area is fully built out and smoking fast.

Sprint?!?! Data service?!?! I'm sorry man but I'm finding this hard to believe, lol! My data service with Sprint here in NYC is just tremendously slow and unreliable. Perhaps you live in a less populated area?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Good job AT&T... Removing features that customers should have.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Good job AT&T... Removing features that customers should have.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Hopefully they add them later on in an update like VZW did with the S4

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

joehp1

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Sprint?!?! Data service?!?! I'm sorry man but I'm finding this hard to believe, lol! My data service with Sprint here in NYC is just tremendously slow and unreliable. Perhaps you live in a less populated area?!

Yea, after 20 plus years with Sprint I am moving to Verizon. Seems like with Sprint there is only 3G or no service wherever I go and my friends on Verizon always have 4g. Plus, saving money by switching! Tired of all Sprints promises on new networks!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Yea, after 20 plus years with Sprint I am moving to Verizon. Seems like with Sprint there is only 3G or no service wherever I go and my friends on Verizon always have 4g. Plus, saving money by switching! Tired of all Sprints promises on new networks!

I'm hauling 14/15 years with Sprint so I know where you're coming from. I wish I would be saving money if I switched but that unfortunately won't be the case for me. I'm hoping if I do switch to Verizon that they at least give me a reasonable price for the service I need. Wishful thinking, I know....lol!!

crollner

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm hauling 14/15 years with Sprint so I know where you're coming from. I wish I would be saving money if I switched but that unfortunately won't be the case for me. I'm hoping if I do switch to Verizon that they at least give me a reasonable price for the service I need. Wishful thinking, I know....lol!!

I'm also done with Sprint in NYC, going to Verizon. Does Verizon have the D/L Booster?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Los Angeles. And I average 18mbps. Full LTE bars.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Att has carrier aggregation which imo trumps download booster. No other USA carrier has carrier aggregation on the s5.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Los Angeles. And I average 18mbps. Full LTE bars.

Seems kind of low for full lte bars, but it could also depend on the area. On Verizon when I have full lte bars, my average is around 50mbps, maxx around 80mbps on my note 3.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

The last speed test I did I had only 3 bars of 4g on sprint and my download speed was 32mbps ☺

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Seems kind of low for full lte bars, but it could also depend on the area. On Verizon when I have full lte bars, my average is around 50mbps, maxx around 80mbps on my note 3.

Really?!?! WOW!! Thats like my Fios service......75 down 60 up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715