Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god ! Finally someone with terrible battery life like me ! I thought i was alone in the world but now we're two !!!!

No matter what i do i can't pass 3h30 sot with everything turn off and barely using the phone while every one here claims to get between 6 hours and 9 hours of screen time.
There must be something synching in the background. I set mine to not have any battery optimization and it went from 6+ hours of SOT to 3.5. so something is updating or synching. I'm sure of it.

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
There must be something synching in the background. I set mine to not have e any battery optimization and it went from 6+ hours of SOT to 3.5. so something is updating or synching. I'm sure of it.
This would be my dream to actually identify the problem. Any idea how i could figure out what is draining my battery ?
Thanks for your input

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so i just had a other S**** battery day. Absolutely awful with around 3hours of sot even though i have all locations, haptic feedback and auto brightness off. Its even worse than yesterday.

That being said, i decided to use gsam today to try and identify the problem. Here's the screenshot.

Is it normal that phone radio is so high ? Is this the reason why you guys get over 6hrs sot and i barely get half of that ????

435f4d55c2d577e31a99b1e9bfc211f6.jpg

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
This would be my dream to actually identify the problem. Any idea how i could figure out what is draining my battery ?
Thanks for your input
Download GSAM. Let it monitor for a day or two.

Also for those of you that use the Facebook app.... Go into the Facebook app setting and turn off autoplay videos. Not only will it save data but it will also save battery. Why let a video in a stream autoplay if it might not interest you.

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Download GSAM. Let it monitor for a day or two.

Also for those of you that use the Facebook app.... Go into the Facebook app setting and turn off autoplay videos. Not only will it save data but it will also save battery. Why let a video in a stream autoplay if it might not interest you.
Just did and i think theres something wrong ! Look at the phone radio

ce802964492776a08de31b082cf38afe.jpg

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so i just had a other S**** battery day. Absolutely awful with around 3hours of sot even though i have all locations, haptic feedback and auto brightness off. Its even worse than yesterday.

That being said, i decided to use gsam today to try and identify the problem. Here's the screenshot.

Is it normal that phone radio is so high ? Is this the reason why you guys get over 6hrs sot and i barely get half of that ????

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170426/435f4d55c2d577e31a99b1e9bfc211f6.jpg
Looks like bad service, your phone is constantly searching for signal. That's what my phone does when I'm in a bad coverage area. Probably the biggest battery drain of all.

PopFilms

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Over the past few days as I've been tinkering with the phone my battery life seems to have gotten much better. As I type this at school my phone is currently at 54% so I'll be able to make it home without whiping out my charger.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
But can this account for 3 hours of sot as opposed to the 6-8 hours everyone in here is getting ?

It's definitely your problem. What carrier is this?

Check your Mobile Network Settings on Connections and see if you identify there any unusual setting. Also, no, you don't need to turn everything off on this phone, if you are on that point, better go and exchange it for a new one and tell them that the reason is that the battery must be bad.

BUT, even with a brand new phone I'd check for your Mobile Network settings, and if if they are by default, try switching between the options to see if there is an issue with your carrier and the signal/bands that you are actually getting.

I'd advise you to do a full backup with Smart Switch, save everything possible, then do a Full factory reset, set everything back and if it keeps doing the same, ask for an exchange, this phone has a great battery if you are not getting it then you have a rogue app or some kind of other hardware/network problem that you won't be able to fix it by yourself.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This is consistent with my own experience. Every metric I've used to measure screen on time shows I'm getting seven to seven and a half hours.

So this is S8 Right...not S8 plus right? Just being sure!!! Also, the Time On..or in the text "on time"....is that referring to....what exactly? IS it the time you turned your phone on? Cause if that is the case I will jsut say "Yiikes"...or is it referring to the amount of time you were actually DOING something and the phone was literally lit up (phone call, texting, video, game, internet, whatever!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201