Galaxy TabA 10.1 Gallery app won't open

hurdygurdyguy

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
Up until a few days ago Gallery opened just fine. Today I took a picture with the camera app and clicked on the "last pic taken" thumb to edit it. It opened then within a few seconds it crashed with "Gallery has stopped". Tried a few more times, same thing. Closed camera app tapped on Gallery icon, page opens then crashes with "Gallery has stopped."

Googling the problem I've tried various "fixes" (deleting cache,force stopping the app, rebooting etc) with no results ...

I can open the camera app, tap the "last pic taken" thumb, it will open with a string of thumbs of the other photos in Gallery and then the Gallery app will crash with "Gallery has stopped." I can go to "My Files" and tap Images > Camera and get a list of thumbs in the Gallery, but tap on a thumb, it won't open and then I get "Gallery has stopped" I'm stumped...

I installed TikTok last weekend (you know, before it disappeared from Play Store) and Gallery was fine. I downloaded a few TikTok videos, opened them in gallery and they would play fine... would TikTok interfere with Gallery?

Thanks for any suggestions

hurdygurdyguy

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!
Did you do data,cache, and force stop for the gallery?

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I did, no luck .... HOWEVER! SOLVED! I found out what the problem was: a recent Gallery app update. On a whim I went to Settings>Apps>Gallery>menu which then showed "uninstall update?" I uninstalled the update, it reinstalled the factory settings and BINGO! Gallery opens just fine now! So, from now on if something isn't right check if it was recently updated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I did, no luck .... HOWEVER! SOLVED! I found out what the problem was: a recent Gallery app update. On a whim I went to Settings>Apps>Gallery>menu which then showed "uninstall update?" I uninstalled the update, it reinstalled the factory settings and BINGO! Gallery opens just fine now! So, from now on if something isn't right check if it was recently updated!
Thats great !
I do offer that suggestion also when helping members here , but glad you got it going