Gap between screen and silver bezel

TooStrong

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

while taking off the case of my Galaxy S5 for cleaning it, I recently noticed that there's a pretty huge gap between the screen and the silver chrome frame. There was a lot of dust in it so I tried to remove it with a stiff piece of paper. Unfortunately there was not only coming a lot dust out of it but also something that seemed to be some adhesive residue or some kind of glue. It wasn't much but now the gap seems to be even bigger or being more precisely, now I can look into the gap more easily. On the ground of the gap there's the same silver color of the outer chrome bezel visible.

While checking the device I've noticed that there's a tiny gap on the other side as well, but it's not as big as the gap I 'created' while cleaning the phone. I'm a bit concerned that I may have scratched off a lot of the adhesive holding the screen to the frame or that the frame now has lost some stability because of the missing glue/adhesive/whatsorever... The frame on the side of the gap can even be pressed a tiny bit into the glass's direction.

I attached some images. Do you think I should go to the shop where I bought the phone and ask for exchange or is this common build quality?

Attachments

• IMG_1571_1.jpg
    IMG_1571_1.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1580_1.jpg
    IMG_1580_1.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1581_1.jpg
    IMG_1581_1.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 5

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

while taking off the case of my Galaxy S5 for cleaning it, I recently noticed that there's a pretty huge gap between the screen and the silver chrome frame. There was a lot of dust in it so I tried to remove it with a stiff piece of paper. Unfortunately there was not only coming a lot dust out of it but also something that seemed to be some adhesive residue or some kind of glue. It wasn't much but now the gap seems to be even bigger or being more precisely, now I can look into the gap more easily. On the ground of the gap there's the same silver color of the outer chrome bezel visible.

While checking the device I've noticed that there's a tiny gap on the other side as well, but it's not as big as the gap I 'created' while cleaning the phone. I'm a bit concerned that I may have scratched off a lot of the adhesive holding the screen to the frame or that the frame now has lost some stability because of the missing glue/adhesive/whatsorever... The frame on the side of the gap can even be pressed a tiny bit into the glass's direction.

I attached some images. Do you think I should go to the shop where I bought the phone and ask for exchange or is this common build quality?

Hello and welcome to Android Central TooStrong!

If under warranty, I would take it back as this issue has been reported in some other Galaxy S5's and could affect water resistance...

Galaxy S5: Small gap

Samsung S5 bezel gap dust collection--problem?

[Q] Bezel gap normal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali