Gboard on SG7E

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What theme? I've tried high contrast, thats dark gray too. If you're talking about minimal black, that's just dark gray too based on the borders of the keyboard and my wallpaper. But truthfully, Minimal Black and High Contrast looks the same to me.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161219/2b619d6663c3008f0bbf0ed8c6f96fdb.jpg

You can clearly see on the picture that the minimal black theme is lighter than my black background. And it's the lack of the secondary keys that I find annoying.
You're right. It looks like it's not pure black. I've never noticed before since I don't normally have all black surrounding it.
Since when did SwiftKey change it so your current theme is not shown with a check mark in it? I had to scroll up and down through the themes just to make sure it's minimal black I'm using.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You're right. It looks like it's not pure black. I've never noticed before since I don't normally have all black surrounding it.
Since when did SwiftKey change it so your current theme is not shown with a check mark in it? I had to scroll up and down through the themes just to make sure it's minimal black I'm using.
Mine has a check mark, but I'm on Swiftkey Beta

Edit: I think my blue filter is showing.

43b464a9d9278ef201a8007cd9251064.jpg

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
OK.... I see that Samsung's Messenger app does not allow me to insert a GIF from Gboard nor does Verizon's Messenge+ app.

Am I missing a setting or just out of luck?

I think it's only available for a few select apps right now. I switched from my stock "Messages" app to "Google Messenger" and I have Gif search on that. Unfortunately, there is no app-wide dark theme for Google Messenger.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Had to go back to Swiftkey and it's not yet even one day. It doesn't add a space after punctuation marks. How stupid is that. So far the only thing it has over Swiftkey in my view is a proper all black theme.

In settings there's an option to double tap the space bar to add a full stop and a space to continue with your next sentence.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking it. There are a few little things I miss from Swiftkey like remembering my email address and recently used emojis , but other than that Gboard is just as good as Swiftkey. It's a whole lot better than it originally was.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Good but nothing going to replace my SwiftKey. Most complete keyboard on the planet. And memory muscles too used to it to leave it.

SupermanJon707

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding frustrating that I'll type something in the Gboard search and it says nothing comes up!

So when did "Sean Connery" not exist within Google search? Haha

I'd love the ability when it does find pics to be able to long press and save or something