Gear S Email Issue

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Problem: Cannot receive email to my Gear S. I can send email from my Gear S just fine. Has anyone else had this same issue ?

Both Samsung and T-Mobile Tech Support cannot help. T-Mobile is sending me another SIM card.

Everything else seems to be working just fine on my Gear S. I can send and receive Text Messages, S Health working, GPS working, News, Music, Games, Phone .... All seems to be working ok, except that I cannot receive email.

Gear s fan

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Try to reconfigurate incoming settings for the e-mail account.In the gear manager enter the settings menu in the mobile phone under applications,then manage applications,find Email setting,add account,then proceed with manual setup and adjust the incoming settings.Try it!

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
There are no options. I can check or uncheck my email account. That is the only thing that I can do. I will try deleting my email settings on my Gear S, and then start over again.

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I cannot delete the email accounts set up for my Gear S. There is no option to delete the email accounts. Only a check box, either checked, or unchecked. So I'm stuck with my email set up on my Gear S. Can't change or delete.

Franks90-S

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Are you using the email app or Gmail app on your phone? On my Gear S, I had a similar problem. I noticed in my app settings I had both my email and Gmail app ticked to receive notifications. I unticked Gmail and I started to receive email again. I'm guessing the Gear S was confused as to which app to sync with for emails.

Posted via the Android Central App

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure I know how to set up the notifications so my Gear S will receive email.

I use both Email and Gmail app on my Note 4.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is no such thing as email settings on the Gear S. Gear S only receives notifications. Email just one of them. Use stock Email app on your phone if you want full features on Gear S. There are many ways that can cause notifications not to be sent to the Gear S. All of which are configured on the phone via Gear Manager.

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Strange ..... I can "Send" email > from my Gear S. People received my email > from my Gear S just fine. Problem is that I cannot receive email > To my Gear S. I do not even get a notification for E-mail.

I'm assuming this must be a glitch/bug. I've tried messing around with the Settings that I can find on my Note 4, but still cannot receive E-mail on my Gear S. E-mail sends quickly from my Gear S with no problem.

Both Samsung and T-Mobile Tech Support have NOT been able to resolve this issue ....

As far as I can tell >>> Everything else seems to be working just fine on my Gear S. I can both > Send and > Receive Text Messages to and from my Gear S just fine. Twitter works. GearGram works. Opera Browser works. WiFi works great. Mobile Network works (I can even set to 2G, which is very slow, but actually works !). Video player works. Music works. Games, Notes, News, Weather, GPS, UV meter, S-Health, PDF reader, eBook reader, and more .... All works great, except that I cannot receive E-mail messages.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Strange ..... I can "Send" email > from my Gear S. People received my email > from my Gear S just fine. Problem is that I cannot receive email > To my Gear S. I do not even get a notification for E-mail.

I'm assuming this must be a glitch/bug. I've tried messing around with the Settings that I can find on my Note 4, but still cannot receive E-mail on my Gear S. E-mail sends quickly from my Gear S with no problem.

Both Samsung and T-Mobile Tech Support have NOT been able to resolve this issue ....

As far as I can tell >>> Everything else seems to be working just fine on my Gear S. I can both > Send and > Receive Text Messages to and from my Gear S just fine. Twitter works. GearGram works. Opera Browser works. WiFi works great. Mobile Network works (I can even set to 2G, which is very slow, but actually works !). Video player works. Music works. Games, Notes, News, Weather, GPS, UV meter, S-Health, PDF reader, eBook reader, and more .... All works great, except that I cannot receive E-mail messages.
Just for grins, go to phone settings, applications, all, and scroll down to the app that isn't notifying and make sure notifications (just below force stop ) for it isn't unchecked. If it's blocked from the pull down bar of the phone it also won't push to the S.
Hope that helps

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Just for grins, go to phone settings, applications, all, and scroll down to the app that isn't notifying and make sure notifications (just below force stop ) for it isn't unchecked. If it's blocked from the pull down bar of the phone it also won't push to the S.
Hope that helps

I already checked the Notification Settings. I read somewhere that this is a bug that has not yet been fixed. I tried pairing back to my Note 3 like before, but my Note 3 is no longer compatible with my Gear S. I tried to pair many times, but can no longer pair my Gear S with my Note 3. So that must be another recent bug.

Before I had serious issues pairing my Gear S with my Note 4. At least I pair with Note 4 now, and everything works except cannot receive email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts