Gear S + Moto Hint = Super cool

jerrydanny

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using my Gear S as my primary phone. I use the Moto Hint as my Bluetooth headset to my Gear S and to my Note 3. I currently use my Note 3 to receive my mails, whatsapp and other msgs but they are also transferred to my gear from which I can easily reply, thanks to Pacosal's Notification for Gear S app. (My note 3 and gear s are always connected remotely. I use Bluetooth connection between the two only to download software or to update my gears contact list.)
I can now wear the Hint inside my helmet (which I could not do so far with the other Bluetooth headsets available in India) while driving and its pretty comfortable.
People ask me about the Gear S every where I go but along with the Hint, its just awesome....:)

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Moto Hint and really wanted to like it. But there were two main things I couldn't figure out. Maybe you can help:

1. I had ear detect on. When I removed it from my ear I am assuming it turned off. But when I put it back in my ear, I couldn't get it to turn on again. I had to put it back in the charger first to get it to turn on. I tried this with two Moto Hints. I just couldn't figure it out.

2. Volume was really low when streaming audio. I wanted to use it to listen to audiobooks, but it seemed way too low. I couldn't figure out a workaround for this.

Otherwise, I loved the Hint. It was tiny, didn't get in the way (and I have long hair and have to brush it out of my face sometimes. I have to be careful with my LG Tones not to hit the cable). But these were deal breakers for me, unfortunately. If it is user error, please tell me the secrets. This is exactly the kind of headset I have been looking for.

g808

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I also use the Hint with Gear S. Ear detect works great for me, so not sure what's wrong there. Volume is fine for me. I crank the volume on the phone and it's loud enough for me. Although I can see how it might not be good enough for others.

Also, S Voice works great with it. I felt voice recognition with the Hint and S Voice worked better than with Moto voice.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Using the same setup. Battery life on the Gear S isn't working out for me though.....among other things.

Posted via the Android Central App

Roderic Walton

May 4, 2013
Visit site
This connection issue happens to me sometimes when the battery is getting low. Hasn't been an issue when its fully charged...

jerrydanny

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I tried the Moto Hint and really wanted to like it. But there were two main things I couldn't figure out. Maybe you can help:

1. I had ear detect on. When I removed it from my ear I am assuming it turned off. But when I put it back in my ear, I couldn't get it to turn on again. I had to put it back in the charger first to get it to turn on. I tried this with two Moto Hints. I just couldn't figure it out.

2. Volume was really low when streaming audio. I wanted to use it to listen to audiobooks, but it seemed way too low. I couldn't figure out a workaround for this.

Otherwise, I loved the Hint. It was tiny, didn't get in the way (and I have long hair and have to brush it out of my face sometimes. I have to be careful with my LG Tones not to hit the cable). But these were deal breakers for me, unfortunately. If it is user error, please tell me the secrets. This is exactly the kind of headset I have been looking for.

Dude,
I also had the same problem when I kept the hint out of my ear and it didn't turn on when I put it back on. After that I put it directly in the charger. The charger cuts off after ur hint is fully charged. So its kinda sits safe inside it and when u put it in ur ear back, it turns on with no issues.
For ur second issue, the hint does not have any separate volume keys. It only uses ur phones/gears/tablets volume. So try checking in the sound settings.
Hope this helps.

jerrydanny

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Using the same setup. Battery life on the Gear S isn't working out for me though.....among other things.

I have no issues with the battery when I use the hint and the gear (for voice calls) together. The Bluetooth connection uses very low power. I do listen to songs (stored in my gear) almost for half n hour while driving back home from work. It still completes one full day till I sleep (Should be around 16 to 17 hours to be more accurate). That's more than enough for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cequens