Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just to exploit how strategic these tactics are by PL.... a little food for thought...

Adam Rubin is the head of legal department for Prize Logic who was also one of the keynote speakers for:

American Conference Institute's Annual Summit on:
Digital Advertising Compliance: Sweepstakes, Social Media and Promotions.
Practical tools for maintaining legal and regulatory compliance for all your social media and promotional practices

and the topic of prizelogics workshop at this summit happened to be-

"Reducing Legal Risks and Advertisers’ Liability Through Effective Monitoring of Online Contest Submissions and User Generated Content" directed by Adam Rubin, SVP Legal Affairs for Prize Logic

probably more info than anyone needed but just shows that what seems to be a complete mishap or unfortunate incompetence by PL is probably structured and purposeful tactics

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
at this point the audit is holding my stuff back even though they said I did everything per their terms. it's just people who didn't order through vzw but through other portals.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
you had to purchase from verizon to qualify for the s2, you purchased it from comcast.... i don't think legally you would have a leg to stand on, fwiw

How did I not buy it from verizon when my receipt says verizon and my credit card statement says verizon? And my order comes up in my verizon order history? Maybe comcast "made the sale" so to speak but I was charged by verizon wireless. I might be being a literal @$$ I know ;)

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
How did I not buy it from verizon when my receipt says verizon and my credit card statement says verizon? And my order comes up in my verizon order history? Maybe comcast "made the sale" so to speak but I was charged by verizon wireless. I might be being a literal @$$ I know ;)

i guess at this point all i can say is i wish you the best, you came here for info, it was given to you numerous times and explained numerous times, i do understand you don't like the info, but.... you know what they say, squeaky wheel and all.. if you want to be that wheel i don't blame you, i mean i do want you to get the watch i just don't think you qualify

Last edited:

whholder

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
@eddiechi:
Ordered online through Verizon. Received phone on 3/9 and registered. Approved on 3/10. Bait and switch email on 4/27. Several calls to prize logic, called Samsung (no help). Did find a chat rep at VerizonWireless that was going to conference call with me to Samsung to figure out a resolution. Didn't get a chance to see if Verizon/Samsung conference call would work or not.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So I am going to totally take back my whole argument after speaking with xfinity sales. The rep was very nice, patient and explained exactly what I needed to hear. I could have bought this phone in any authorized brick and mortar retailer and got the exact same looking receipts showing purchased from verizon wireless. They would obviously have their own location code. So in fact I technically did purchase from Comcast. Whether this is what people were trying to tell me (like @LanceAllan ;)) I felt like I needed to hear it from an authority (no offense). She was absolutely sure I should not qualify for the S2 buying through them. And Verizon must have provided PL this code list since they know exactly what locations are what and what should be legit for the offer. She was understanding of my confusion. So the only thing if anything I have to support any claim with PL is if the reason I got the VR was due to lack of inventory but if they really did an audit of my code anyway I should be denied. (Or because the PL rep before I did the order said I would qualify but it's just my word against theirs.)

One potential good thing out of this call is she pointed out (being a salesperson) that starting Monday they are doing the $200 GC promo again for any new line and it will apply to a connected smartwatch as long as you buy it on contract with the $5/month fee (+$40 activation fee unfortunately). So $299 contract price + $40 activation + $120 for 2 years + tax = $477 (maybe there are line taxes I didn't ask). Subtract $200 GC and it's $277. Or currently I buy a bluetooth only watch at BB or samsung.com for $249 and get no 3G. I'm not sure I really wanted 3G and it makes the watch thicker but I may consider it.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Nothing here yet for me, I have officially gave up even trying, I ordered phone on the 27th of February received it the 9th of March, filled out the promotion same day, got accepted within a day or two, and still haven't got anything, but people already have got there's and they did it after, I hope soemthing happens to this company and they go down, jus ridiculous, I called yesterday and there was 45 calls in front of me, waited for 35 minutes and there was still 39 in front so I hung up **** them, if I don't get it soon prize logic and Verizon isn't going to be happy I will start a claim against them

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone received this email yet?

Hello Christian,

Congratulations on your new Samsung Gear S2! After you receive your product in the
mail, don't forget to activate it. Get the most out of your Samsung Gear S2. Enjoy
connectivity that lets you call, text, email and receive notifications directly from your
wrist-even when your phone isn't close at hand. Activate your Gear S2 for just $5
a month* - go to verizonwireless.com or call 800.256.4646.

Somewhere on planet earth!

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got this email and I have not yet received my gear s2
"Hello

Congratulations on your new Samsung Gear S2! After you receive your product in the
mail, don't forget to activate it. Get the most out of your Samsung Gear S2. Enjoy
connectivity that lets you call, text, email and receive notifications directly from your
wrist-even when your phone isn't close at hand. Activate your Gear S2 for just $5
a month* - go to verizonwireless.com or call 800.256.4646."

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Same here.

Activate Your Gear S2

Hello Corey,

a month* - go to

1st thing since maybe in Summer email.. please let this be over soon. 3-10 submission

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah probably something to shut us up for a day or two.. I called FedEx and they are showing nothing being shipped to me.. I'll believe it when I see it.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
just got the email too! hope it's actually happening. I don't want to get my hopes up though and also no tracking info or anything in fedex delivery manager

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I got the same e-mail!

Damn PL now your just trolling!

3/9 submiter and still nothing but pending on the status page.

Everyone call Prizelogic! And ask them why they trolling!

(It might be because tomorow is 8 weeks from the official release date 3/11 of the s7)(and maybe they where hoping the promo be done by then)

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
That would make sense for it to be some generic msg that was going to be sent out right at the 8 week mark which is today for me.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just logged on to ask if anyone got the activation email from samsung and I see many of you have. I hope this is good a sign. At least Samsung thinks i'm getting an s2. Submitted the 11th. Still nothing in fedex manager.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I was on the phone with them about 20 mins ago or so, and talked the lady told me mine got shipped to the 3rd party shipper on April 8, and it shouldn't be to much longer, but who knows, then after I got off the phone I got the same email as everyone lol