Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So, one of the big reasons we went for the S2 promo was that my wife teaches and floats from room to room working with groups of kids. The S2 would have been PERFECT for her because it would allow her to leave her phone in her office while still being able to get any urgent notifications from daycare regarding our 1 year old. Well, their last day of school was Friday so maybe our S2's will arrive before NEXT school year?? lol. This thing has really become a joke. I'll probably keep with Verizon for now, because I've got bigger fish to fry, but when it comes to renewing or upgrading our lines I'll likely explore other carriers. Fat chance of ever participating in another Samsung promo though...

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Time for Conspiracy Theory Monday: (Ya'll love these, right?) So, I'm thinking that BrightPoint somehow got told to stop sending random packages a couple of weeks ago. My bet is that there will be a massive shipping-fest within the next 2 weeks. I think (hope) that maybe they have had to actually learn (intensive training sessions, no doubt) to look at the orders before creating a label and putting the pkg on the truck. I'm claiming (guessing) June 3rd as the Official Stick-the-Label-On-It Day! Hmm...whomever picks the correct day should win something. No, wait...Prize Logic would end up handling the fulfillment & we all know how that goes....Bragging Rights....<<That's all you're gonna get...Bragging Rights!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Time for Conspiracy Theory Monday: (Ya'll love these, right?) So, I'm thinking that BrightPoint somehow got told to stop sending random packages a couple of weeks ago. My bet is that there will be a massive shipping-fest within the next 2 weeks. I think (hope) that maybe they have had to actually learn (intensive training sessions, no doubt) to look at the orders before creating a label and putting the pkg on the truck. I'm claiming (guessing) June 3rd as the Official Stick-the-Label-On-It Day! Hmm...whomever picks the correct day should win something. No, wait...Prize Logic would end up handling the fulfillment & we all know how that goes....Bragging Rights....<<That's all you're gonna get...Bragging Rights!

FedEx better bring the big trucks! lol

Vaper123

May 18, 2016
Visit site
If anyone else tries this. I hope they post here if it works.

It works if you talk to the right person. I called and complained to Verizon and after the guy went through my promotions it was easy. They basically charge it to your account then credit the amount back so they have to get supervisor permission. I know when I called they thanked me for being a long time member and my contract is up in July too so that may have played a part. They said if you get yours from PrizeLogic too that you can keep that one too.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
SO does anyone have 20 bucks or some time to spare? (For science!)

Don’t have any idea why I just remembered this. But check this out

You can now pay someone to call customer service for you - CNET

wont follow the link? Heres the TL;DR. There are companys that will call customer service for you… for a price

I’m at work now so I cant seem to find a way to contact them to ask about our problem.

But I’d certainly pay 20 bucks to someone who can get the resolution kick boxer got.

But I’m not gonna pay if I don’t get my pick up resolution.

I cant take it any further at the moment (Monday work load)

So anyone else feel free to chase down this lead.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have gone this route and I even have an email guarantee that I would get the S2's as long as I did the promotion in the allowed time period. I have spoke to a higher up supervisior and they said that they can not do anything until May 31st which is the date prizelogic guaranteed them that I would get it. The 8 weeks from the April 6 approval date that they gave some of us. It did not matter that I have been waiting since 3/11 or that other people got them first. I was going to call VZW again but I decided I will wait for June 1st to say ok now it has been 8 weeks that they promised I would get it by, 12 weeks since I submitted., You said I would get it by now and I did not, now you have to keep your word and give it to me. Or maybe we will be lucky and all get it this week lol.

Myshell926

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I was in shock, but I did receive my VR's on Saturday. My status still shows pending, no FDM activity, was just sitting at my doorstep when I got home. Sub 3/18, been approved with pending shipping since 3-31. All of you who are waiting, your gifts will come. I finally had accepted I would never get mine. I guess I should have "let it go" awhile back

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm calling BS on Verizon sending out free watches, too. I have contacted them multiple times and all they do is call Prize Logic and get the same runaround that I do. This is the parting message from my last chat with them:

If I can only give it to you for free I would but I can only do so much.

I did not ask them to send me one, I just asked if they had any plans to make their customers happy. It seems that they do not.

vmccrane91

May 23, 2016
Visit site
The rumors are true if you are nice enough and patient enougb verizon is sending them! I am on the phone now amd they are processing it. I could pick whichever one i wanted.

vmccrane91

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I called and got a guy that was super sweet. I told him everything. Gave him my original order number for my phone. Which showed how long it had been. Told him about the multiple emails amd calls back and fourth with proze logic/samsung. Offered to show proof. He did a conference call with a the verizon sales who in turn told him there was nothing the sales dept could do and that the customer service dept of verizon would have to order the watch for me then credit my account for that amount. In the beginning i had mentioned that a friend of mine (this forum) had the same thing happened to him and verizon made it right for him when everyone else was giving him the run around. So he put me on hold for a minute. Got supervisor approval and he asked which one i wanted and to pick the most expensive one lol... (he was a super rare very nice one) even talked about family guy... Be persistent and offer whatever proof you have. It will work.

cpoll2050

May 17, 2016
Visit site
The rumors are true if you are nice enough and patient enougb verizon is sending them! I am on the phone now amd they are processing it. I could pick whichever one i wanted.

I chatted with Verizon for almost 2 hours this morning. According to the person I was talking to, his supervisor called Prize Logic, got the same useless response I get when I call, and then told me it's out of their hands. They said it's a Samsung promotion and since I have an email saying that I will be getting a Gear S2, which I think is a lie, there's nothing they can do.

vogelap

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My Gear VR has been reporting Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016 for a long time now! This is unacceptable.

Last edited:

rechvanny

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
My rep was very sweet young lady who after I told her about the promotion that I never got being that I pre-ordered as soon as the page was up offered to send in the item of my choosing to be shipped overnight. I didn't have to say anything else, no resistance, no explanation, straight up offered it. I thought she was smoking crack and if she was then I want to share whatever she's having. Just kidding of course.

But the point is, you don't even have to talk your way to it or have an angle if it's a rep who will be giving you the promotion to be sent by Verizon. It's all luck to be able to get such reps who would put on the effort to talk to the higher ups to get approval and order it for you and even ask you what kind of Gear S2 you'd like plus expedited signature required shipping. If the rep you're on the phone with is already giving resistance and you insist then the further they won't do you any favor. Just give up and try another rep.

I was put on hold for like 5mins for her to be able to get the approval. She described the watches to me and says the other one is a classic. She even mentioned "the classic one seems like the newer one" so which one do you want? Of course I went for the classic.

There's no gain for us who got it to lie about this. Good luck!

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
just tried and verizon transfered me to samsung and samsung said it's not out promotion. though the first verizon guy seemed like he genuinely wanted to help but then put me on hold and I guess his supervisor told him to transfer me. 30 min waste of time for me hope you guys have better luck

Posted via the Android Central App

jysand

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I was also successful with getting Verizon to send me a s2 classic for free. Or at least I think I am. They gave me an order confirmation and said that it should ship today.

vogelap

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My rep was very sweet young lady who after I told her about the promotion that I never got being that I pre-ordered as soon as the page was up offered to send in the item of my choosing to be shipped overnight. I didn't have to say anything else, no resistance, no explanation, straight up offered it.
Did you call Verizon, Samsung, or PrizeLogic?

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
woa 4 people now!

Better call before tomorrow when some bean counter looks at the dailys and shouts WTF! and shuts it all down LOL

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Where is everyone located? NC here.. I'm asking because PL told me they were sending them out in batches according to location.. I'm sure it's bs.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332