Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Uriadin

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I just posted a public post to Samsung's support page. I have been lurking and am now fed up. I too have been getting the run around. If you want (and Samsung does not remove it, not sure if they can) you can search #prizelogic on Facebook and find the post. If enough of us comment maybe we can start to get resolutions as it will be public.

Update 1: Received a response from them asking for my email. I have messaged them it and waiting for a reply.

P.s. Constantly giving them 6/8/800 more weeks is not fair to any of us. By the time we receive our products they will be out dated, assuming Prizelogic doesn't just close their doors between now and then. We did not pick Prizelogic to fulfil it, Samsung did. If Prizelogic refuses to hold up their end then Samsung should.

As a business owner, if I contract someone out to do a particular job and they don't it is MY job to satisfy the customer and (using common sense) never contract out to that company again.

Last edited:

Promathia

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I just posted a public post to Samsung's support page. I have been lurking and am now fed up. I too have been getting the run around. If you want (and Samsung does not remove it, not sure if they can) you can search #prizelogic on Facebook and find the post. If enough of us comment maybe we can start to get resolutions as it will be public.

Update 1: Received a response from them asking for my email. I have messaged them it and waiting for a reply.

P.s. Constantly giving them 6/8/800 more weeks is not fair to any of us. By the time we receive our products they will be out dated, assuming Prizelogic doesn't just close their doors between now and then. We did not pick Prizelogic to fulfil it, Samsung did. If Prizelogic refuses to hold up their end then Samsung should.

As a business owner, if I contract someone out to do a particular job and they don't it is MY job to satisfy the customer and (using common sense) never contract out to that company again.

The response I was given by Samsung.

Oh wow! Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this! I'm glad to see that you've participated in our latest promotional offer. Due to the influx of submissions, there has been some traffic and delays with gift shipment. Rest assured, we can see in our status tool that you have in fact been approved and your gifts are in the shipping process as we speak! smile emoticon
We really appreciate your patience with us on this. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'd be happy to address them for you. smile emoticon ^Mel

May 12, 2016
Visit site
You guys are not going to believe this but. I didnt get a call back from samsung.......... However I did get a call from Verizon and they are going to overnight me 3 Gear S2 Classics. I am not sure what this means for my Prize Logic account. Has anyone else that had Verizon pull through for them hear anything from PL or Samsung? Also I can give you a few pointers that I used to make this happen. I was told no the first few times.

Meesh7688

May 2, 2016
Visit site
You guys are not going to believe this but. I didnt get a call back from samsung.......... However I did get a call from Verizon and they are going to overnight me 3 Gear S2 Classics. I am not sure what this means for my Prize Logic account. Has anyone else that had Verizon pull through for them hear anything from PL or Samsung? Also I can give you a few pointers that I used to make this happen. I was told no the first few times.

Feel free to give pointers. I'm hoping I get a phone call or email from my Verizon person soon. She was waiting to hear back from samsung and then let me know the outcome.

AEJ123

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I called samsung and wasn't mean but showed my frustration and he said can I call you back tomorrow so I can look more into it.

tomstep2

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with Verizon right now and they are sending me a Gear S2 as they could not get anywhere with Samsung except runaround and Prizelogic didn't even answer for the Verizon rep. He had to check with his supervisor and I only have to pay the sales tax on it. They even let me upgrade to the S2 classic for the $50.00 difference. I wasn't arguing about the tax as at least I know I will be receiving it now. If mine from PrizeLogic ever comes (which I doubt), I will give it to my wife or sell it.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
On the phone with Verizon right now and they are sending me a Gear S2 as they could not get anywhere with Samsung except runaround and Prizelogic didn't even answer for the Verizon rep. He had to check with his supervisor and I only have to pay the sales tax on it. They even let me upgrade to the S2 classic for the $50.00 difference. I wasn't arguing about the tax as at least I know I will be receiving it now. If mine from PrizeLogic ever comes (which I doubt), I will give it to my wife or sell it.

I tried today and was put on conference call with them and after hearing the bull they still didn't do anything this really sucks. Happy for people that it worked for them but it just feels like salt in the wound hearing verizon not care either

Posted via the Android Central App

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
That's great for those that it's worked for, but I want to know if it works for some of the long time posters in this thread not the 2 or 3 that poked their heads in over the last week or so just to tell their story.. No offense but it'll make me feel much better.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I just finished a chat with Verizon and I had the damn watches all I had to do was order them and I had them ughhh but then he came back and said I'd have to get the extra lines and then said he couldn't do it. I'm trying again at least to get the Bluetooth version. and I was told I couldn't get the classic it had to be the sport.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
That's great for those that it's worked for, but I want to know if it works for some of the long time posters in this thread not the 2 or 3 that poked their heads in over the last week or so just to tell their story.. No offense but it'll make me feel much better.

it almost worked for me just now I got the supervisor approval but at the last minute they retracted and just gave me 20% off my bill ughh I almost freaking had them I'm trying again later. also I was only given the option for the sport not the classic.

May 12, 2016
Visit site
For what its worth I have been following this thread since week one. I never posted early on because it was the exact same story as everyone else. Submitted 3/9 approved 3/12 still showing pending. I have however posted when my conversations have been different from the ones other people have had with PL. Also I was told by Verizon that I would be receiving my watches next day and that I would have an email sent to me and I have no email and no tracking info so........ It could all just be made up by the rep to get me off the phone.

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So one more for a total of 5 people have managed to trick Verizon into doing the right thing so far. Amazing!

I tried and got to a supervisor but got the “back order/overwhelming demand” story and a 25 buck inconvenience credit(even though I said I don’t care).

I will try again, I have an hour commute each day and a blue tooth earpiece, SO it’s a daily thing for me.

The people I spoke to spoke with an American dialect ascent indicative of middle to northern Georgia.

I wonder where the call centers are who get the watches?

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Charleston huh? Humm could be it's been near a decade since I was in the American south, I may be slipping.

I was only able to get to the first supervisor (louis). I think the key may be to get to the second supervisor in a call center that has not delta with this problem often enough to be ready with the corporate narative.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago a Supervisor told me this is crazy and told me that the sport was back ordered would I mind the classics, I said no, she said she needed the paperwork to go thru and she would call me back. She called me back and said it is taking a drop longer then she expected and said she would call me the approval and shipping info in the morning. Well morning came and went she called me and told me they were backed ordered gave me some fake order number to get me off the phone and transfered me to the order dept who said there was no such order.

I then called and asked for a higher up supervisor to call me, one eventually did looked into all of this spoke to prizelogic who of cause told her that I will for sure be getting my phone by May 31st. So of cause she said I have to wait to May 31st to see if I get it then. She is going to call me back then to see if I got them. I have emailed with her since to say still no watch.

So when I hear that people are getting them from Verizon I am happy for them but pisses me off that I have been on the phone with them for hours and they are still making me wait to see that nothing is going to come. Also I had got this email guarenteeing I would get the promotion since they screwed up my pre-order twice and I had to re do it.

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless. We have received your order as long as your order is purchased between 2/23/16 - 3/18/16 we will honor the offer of receiving free Samsung gear of the s2 wearable or VR headset. You will still need to submit your request to Samsung at http://samsungpromotions.com/verizonoffer once your new order is submitted. If you have any questions please let us know at:

The Credit and Order Review Team at 866-338-7390
• Monday – Saturday: 8 AM to 2 AM EST
• Sunday: 9 AM to 1 AM EST

We appreciate your interest in Verizon Wireless products and services, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Your Order Information:
Internet Order Reference Number:
Location Code: E108301
Order Number:
Credit Application Number:

To check the status of your order:
Visit verizonwireless.com/orderstatus, enter your Internet Order Reference Number and last name, then click “Check Status”.

Sincerely,
Verizon Wireless
Credit and Order Review Team

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
As you see they are not honoring it because prizelogic still says that they are sending it. I can not blame them for not sending it if they think we are going to get them but they really should be talking to someone high up at samsung to find out why the early submitters have not gotten them yet. I submitted on 3/11

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
The people I spoke to spoke with an American dialect ascent indicative of middle to northern Georgia.

I wonder where the call centers are who get the watches?
I spoke with a Verizon rep last month who said she was in Kentucky. Although....I've lived & worked in many different areas, but never seem to loose my original accent, so the dialect could be deceiving.
I'm still trying to understand how some customers can call up, ask a few questions, & end up with not only a free watch or two, but upgradeed watches! I'm still on my rant that it should be the same for all.....first come, first served. So far, Samsung has been the only one of the 3 involved to maintain the same stance....'no help at all.' I can handle that, at least it's the same for all of us. LOL

Aushoj

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Yeah man, Im just grasping at straws with the ascent thing, I know but its all I got.:D

Although two people with the same dialect can indicate a location (or great coincidence)