Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The first time I tried to submit I got an email the next day saying I needed to re-upload due to location code being wrong. I guess I sent in the wrong documentation. I then screenshot my email verizon sent me and sent that in. Now it says currently under review.

Oh hell! For the heck of it I just went on to check my status again . This morning when I checked it said currently under review. Now it says fulfillment pending. Hmm. That makes it even more strange because he submitted the exact same information in a screenshot that I did. So they accepted my incorrect information and requiring him to resubmit his. That is very odd. Both of us are with T-Mobile for the record. We compared screenshots a bit ago and both provided the exact same information. Hmmm.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Both my submissions say fulfillment pending. I literally just checked about 2 hours ago and they both said "currently under review". So does that mean we're approved?

I checked 30 minutes ago and was under review so they must've just started approving them.. i believe it means we're approved just have to wait for them to ship them

ashmouth

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh hell! For the heck of it I just went on to check my status again . This morning when I checked it said currently under review. Now it says fulfillment pending. Hmm. That makes it even more strange because he submitted the exact same information in a screenshot that I did. So they accepted my incorrect information and requiring him to resubmit his. That is very odd. Both of us are with T-Mobile for the record. We compared screenshots a bit ago and both provided the exact same information. Hmmm.

The plot thickens, that makes it even more crazy, maybe they felt like it was one invoice for 2 subs

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yep - two of mine are now Fulfillment pending (One done last Wed, one on Friday) .... guess time will tell what if anything gets shipped.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Got mine and that thing is sick. Didn't have to go through the Samsung site. Got it right from the store with my phone. Good luck guys, it's worth it

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Fulfillment pending in the g2. vZW & submitted photo of my online receipt on Thursday the 10th.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to check my status and it says I don't have claim associated with my email. I submitted on the 10th around noon. WTF. I haven't received any further information besides my initial confirmation email.

Edit: figured out the issue. My phone was adding a space after my email which was causing the system to not recognize it. I also have fulfillment pending. So for everyone checking their status make sure you don't have any additional spaces added after your email.

Last edited:

eddiechi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone ever figure out if it is the 3g or Bluetooth model?

Verizon reps do not know which one is being sent, some will tell you the BT and then you tell then the verizon web page says MSRP of 349 and then they say ..."oh, you're getting the 3g but then if you tell them the samsung promo page says 299 MSRP they change again and say it is the BT version........ you would have a better chance of flipping a coin and being right than asking vzw

Fifabing

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Same page that you started the process of entering the promotion, there is a link towards the bottom on that page that says check promotion status.

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but did anyone else notice that the Gear S2 now says Sold Out on the samsungpromotions.com Verizon page.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Got my S7 Edge on 3/3. Sent my claim on 3/4.

Got this in my email later that day:
"Thanks, we've received your Offer claim for The Gear VR Offer!
Once we've approved your Offer Claim Form, we’ll send you a confirmation email*.

Please allow approximately 4 - 6 weeks for review of your Offer Claim Submission. "

Currently waiting...havent gotten any update email yet. Hopefully it goes through.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon reps do not know which one is being sent, some will tell you the BT and then you tell then the verizon web page says MSRP of 349 and then they say ..."oh, you're getting the 3g but then if you tell them the samsung promo page says 299 MSRP they change again and say it is the BT version........ you would have a better chance of flipping a coin and being right than asking vzw

Samsung website said 199 ... and I believe they even stated BT. I'd be surprised if we get the 3G... pleasantly surprised as I use the 3G feature on my S more than I thought I would.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards