Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

turner3d

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I still have the dreaded "Shipping Date Estimate: Pending" status, but I have no legitimate complaint since I didn't order my Gear VR until the 3/17. I have wanted a VR headset since Sega promised to have the Sega VR out by Christmas of 1993 - never happened. You'd think that since I've already waited 23 years, I wouldn't have a problem waiting a little longer, but I am losing my effing mind waiting for my shiny new Gear VR.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My status is back to this:

Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.

Shipping Date Estimate: 4/30/2016

QUIT TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS, PRIZELOGIC/SAMSUNG!!!!

tamima35

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Got my watch today. YAY
Submitted 3/10 in case anyone doesn't know the shipping is ground not air so if you live in Cali like me it takes like 5 days once it actually leaves the fedex place.

coreynjoey

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery."

That's my current status, but I just checked Fed Ex Manager and I now have a label made too...progress!

Submitted 3/18

liquid228

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I still have the dreaded "Shipping Date Estimate: Pending" status, but I have no legitimate complaint since I didn't order my Gear VR until the 3/17. I have wanted a VR headset since Sega promised to have the Sega VR out by Christmas of 1993 - never happened. You'd think that since I've already waited 23 years, I wouldn't have a problem waiting a little longer, but I am losing my effing mind waiting for my shiny new Gear VR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd98RGxad0U

This is the reason I am so anxious. I have waited my entire life for VR. I didn't think my first taste would be coming to be courtesy of a promotion fulfillment company, but life is strange. I am not rich, so I haven't been able to get my mits on one of the early Oculus models or whatever other multiple thousand dollar vr thing out there.

So yeah. I imagine people who got their first color TV felt a little like this.

Colin Trost

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
"Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery."

That's my current status, but I just checked Fed Ex Manager and I now have a label made too...progress!

Submitted 3/18

How are you seeing anything in fedex without a tracking number?????

CCCT

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I just checked Fedex delivery manager and see that a lable was just created last night. Something from Brightpoint in Plainfield IN, 0.9 lbs. Expected delivery by 4/12. I'm not expecting anything other deliveries so it must be the S2.

It's about time...let's see if it actually comes by then. Submitted on 3/10.

I finally see some Fedex movement. My original 4/12 came and went obviously; the package was picked up by Fedex today and scheduled for delivery this Tuesday. I received a text from the Fedex delivery manager.

I also just checked the promo page, and it has been updated with my tracking number.

Last edited:

xide

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I got my vr today.
Submitted 3/10
Confirmation 3/22
Estimated ship date 4/1
No tracking from prizlogic
No emails

I signed up for FedEx delivery manager and was notified the package was shipped on Friday from plainsfield, I recieved it in Ohio this morning.

If you haven't received yours yet i recommend signing up for the delivery manager, because prizlogic nor Samsung gave me any tracking number or emails, and Samsung status still days processing.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Fedex Manager 0 shipments for me, status on promo still says processing for delivery.

Submitted 3/10 next week will be 6 weeks from time of submission until then I'm sitting tight... I'm in Nc btw

Sn: called fedex just to double check my address for shipments and they don't have anything coming as of now. So it's safe to say that the odds of me getting it here in the 6th week are very slim.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Fedex Manager 0 shipments for me, status on promo still says processing for delivery.

Submitted 3/10 next week will be 6 weeks from time of submission until then I'm sitting tight... I'm in Nc btw

Sn: called fedex just to double check my address for shipments and they don't have anything coming as of now. So it's safe to say that the odds of me getting it here in the 6th week are very slim.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am the exact same as you. Same submission date and nothing in fed ex manager. Except I'm in Iowa. It just blows my mind how they figured it would be OK to not go in order of submission. How people who submitted the 18th and up have received theirs but I have nothing. But it's free I guess.

Eddie Gamboa

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Preordered the S7 Edge on Feb 23rd from Verizonwireless.com

Received phone on March 9th.

Submitted for S2 on March 9th.

As of today, April 17th status page reads "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment. Shipping Date Estimate: Pending"

Nothing on FedEx Delivery Manager.

Live in Ohio.

...guatafak.

Jukins

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Doubt you can go by the submission date. I'm guessing they had more than one person/machine looking at these for any discrepancies resulting in a submission being passed around until finally approved easy to see why some are getting and some aren't. I'm just gonna be patient.

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the phone on the 27th,received phone on the 9th,pulled it from the box and registered it for the gear s2, nothing on claim site, says processed for delivery, but the other day said in route, no tracking or anything, nothing in fedex, I'm right at my 4-6 week period, in idaho

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the 4-6 weeks is out the window since they revised to 6-8 weeks.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Honestly they could never give it to us and I doubt there is much we can do. But as far as holding them accountable Im not going by there revised fine print, I'm going by what it was when I placed my order. And that was 4-6 weeks. What's the point of reading the fine print off they can just change it after you order anyhow. (With that said I think they are going to make it within the 6 week timeframe for me atleast, because I have tracking for both)

chrisdaman77

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Lucky you. My approval was 5 weeks today. Not holding my breath. I will live without it because I would never have gotten one anyway. Not the end of the world for me.

Somewhere on planet earth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796