Gear VR Promotion Success/Failure Thread: please post whether you are successful ...

Wiseguy32

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Same as me, I got a label created on Friday the 27th that said delivery date was today. 2 hours ago I received an update on FedEx that the package is in transit and will be delivered this Friday.

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
damn so that means I'm still way off submitted 3/10 Approved approved whatever the he'll that means on April 6th

Posted via the Android Central App

Austin Hartson

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Well here I am submitting the 9th of March, not receiving emails at all or anything, got my approval one like the 13th,and nothing, then April 18th got another approval, and then nothing for weeks till Friday night, label was created and said Friday was my delivery, well I knew it wouldn't be, because others waited with theres in creation for weeks, but checked today and it actually has finally shipped and says Tuesday so can't wait for this to be done, especially when u feel like you got screwed and wasn't getting anything

rushdewalt

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Same as me, I got a label created on Friday the 27th that said delivery date was today. 2 hours ago I received an update on FedEx that the package is in transit and will be delivered this Friday.

Exactly the same for me. From what I'd been reading in the forums I had figured it would probably ship a week or two after the label was created. I hope they start moving for everyone else and this deal will finally be over with.

TammyH66

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
As I stated before it seems the people who got the 4/18 approval email have fed ex labels created and the s2's are on their way. The people like me who got a 4/6 approval have nothing in fed ex and are still waiting. I am happy for the 4/18 people but prize logic still has it backwards, 4/6 comes before 4/18 lol

lbaeurtehn

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
As I stated before it seems the people who got the 4/18 approval email have fed ex labels created and the s2's are on their way. The people like me who got a 4/6 approval have nothing in fed ex and are still waiting. I am happy for the 4/18 people but prize logic still has it backwards, 4/6 comes before 4/18 lol

True, but I'm a 4/6 person who submitted on 3/18-- so it wouldn't be fair for me to get mine before some of the 4/18 people. This promotion is soooo screwed up, it's ridiculous!

deh2004

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

This is great news, although still backwards. =/ I am a 03/09 submitter with approval on 3/13 (PL "official" approval on 4/14-email on 4/18), and I have yet to get anything. I am happy to see some of us having some progress. I have nothing in FDM, and I hit 8 weeks next Wednesday. Guess I will keep hope alive, and be glad when this is all over. I will NEVER take part in another promotion that is handled through PL OR has any relation to Brightpoint. Such a joke. In this day and age, with all the checks and balances with technology, this promotion was ran like it was staffed by cavemen. Cheers to my fellow 4/18 people. =)

Last edited:

swiftysnake

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
This is great news, although still backwards. =/ I am a 03/09 submitter with approval on 3/13 (PL "official" approval on 4/14-email on 4/18), and I have yet to get anything. I am happy to see some of us having some progress. I have nothing in FDM, and I hit 8 weeks next Wednesday. Guess I will keep hope alive, and be glad when this is all over. I will NEVER take part in another promotion that is handled through PL OR has any relation to Brightpoint. Such a joke. In this day and age, with all the checks and balances with technology, this promotion was ran like it was staffed by cavemen. Cheers to my fellow 4/18 people. =)

I hit 8 weeks yesterday and they still can't help me. they won't escalate for another week. 3/10 submitter 4/7 email approval

Posted via the Android Central App

May 12, 2016
Visit site
So I received my watches from Verizon they are Bluetooth not 3g which I was told I would get still not a big deal. I did decide to call PL today since I am passed my 8 weeks and was told I can call everyday and there is nothing they can do im better off just waiting I will receive my free gift eventually. She also said my order is with a 3rd party vendor and I asked who and she would not tell me(im assuming bright point). So at this point they can no longer say it hasnt been 8 weeks please wait to call back. Now its just dont call back. I will keep checking my status and checking the FDM hopefully something shows up one day.

Dragoon8011

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I got my phone 3/11 and submitted that night, the email for my claim number came 3/12. Approval came 3/23 and said estimated date was 5/8. It's June now, and not a word from these crooks. I don't even now who to call or file with because this is out of hand now..

wheresmys2

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I would love to know what really happened with this promo, although when you look at most of the PL postings, it has happened before with other Samsung promos. They tell us they are backordered or having shipment delays, but they are still sending out S2s in very small doses. Where are those coming from if they ran out? Why are they still sending them out LIFO when they have every capability (hello....computers???) to know who submitted or was approved first? None of this makes any sense, but at the rate they are going, I will get mine (if there are any left) hopefully in November. As far as Verizon's piece of the pie....Why would I want to pay $40 to add a line onto my account, then $5 per month to use a piece of technology that is outdated by the time I get it? They are already planning the release of the S3 before the end of this year.
I'm done with Samsung & can't wait to explain why they are losing a Platinum level customer.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I would love to know what really happened with this promo, although when you look at most of the PL postings, it has happened before with other Samsung promos. They tell us they are backordered or having shipment delays, but they are still sending out S2s in very small doses. Where are those coming from if they ran out? Why are they still sending them out LIFO when they have every capability (hello....computers???) to know who submitted or was approved first? None of this makes any sense, but at the rate they are going, I will get mine (if there are any left) hopefully in November. As far as Verizon's piece of the pie....Why would I want to pay $40 to add a line onto my account, then $5 per month to use a piece of technology that is outdated by the time I get it? They are already planning the release of the S3 before the end of this year.
I'm done with Samsung & can't wait to explain why they are losing a Platinum level customer.

LIFO? And S3?