I would like to convert to Android, however, when I tried the Droid in November I had some general issues. I took the phone back, because of the first problem. My carrier is VZW, and I?m planning on staying with Big Red. If I could get some answers to the following questions, I would appreciate it!
- When I had the Moto Droid, it constantly chirped for new messages in my Yahoo! e-mail account . It was set to poll the POP3 account every 10 minutes for new mail. When it detected any UNREAD message it would chirp. This despite the total number of unread messages not changing. This was a major annoyance as the phone chirped at night. And because not every message is read immediately. The VZW sales rep said, ?that?s how it is.? Has this been fixed, or do other Android phones not do this?
- Is there a way to setup something similar to the profiles on the Blackberry? It was a handy way to control rings, email notifications, etc for different times of the day.
- Is there any Android phone that senses the holster, sort of like a Blackberry does? I like the option of the phone not dialing while in the holster and vibrating first.
- Can Android phones tether? The Droid couldn?t last November.
- Can the icons change for instance weather app icons update for conditions?