Get Note 8 or wait for Note 9??

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and it has been the best phone I've ever had. With that being said, I love new things. The 8 is a big upgrade from the 5 but is it enough in everyone's opinion to make the jump or should I be patient and wait for the 9? I'm sure the 9 will have everything we wanted in this phone but aren't getting plus more along with design changes from the 8. I'm sure there will be things that people will want to see go away, and I'm not just talking about the fingerprint button. I'm confident it will be under the glass next year. My note 5 will be paid off his month so maybe i'll wait and save some money instead of continuing to pay.....I dunno. I'm torn. I don't make money that allows me to buy a phone every time one comes out. I have to do the 2 year payment thing. Thoughts???

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't normally buy phones every year either, but because of the Note 7 issue, I am making an exception, because I am currently on the S7e. My last phone was not going to make it through a full year, so I had to get an upgrade, and there wasn't anything else appealing to me at the time. I am Getting a Note 8 this year, because a Note is the device I really wanted.
If they have anything that really WOWs me next year, I may have to consider selling my device and getting the new one. I typically hold on to my used ones as a backup, for a year and then shelve it or see if anyone wants it depending on the market. I am holding strong on the thought of buying the Note8, and passing on the Note9, despite the "render" of the Note9 that's already out there.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am not getting another phone until they put a 22" 8K 3D (no glasses required) screen and THX sound and it can run 60 years on one charge. Oh and must get 7G cell download not just on this planet but on Mars too.

You guys!!!!

Note 9 is 1.5 years away. Why wait.
I am on board with getting the Note 8 and I hope it doesn't blow up... :)

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 5. Should be, or will, paid off so I can keep it as a back up (just in case). I'm getting the Note 8. My 5 is gong good, except battery, but I'm ready for a new phone since I don't buy much else in technology. I want an Spen

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Asking on this forum, you won't get anything close to the typical buyer's average. Most people don't buy new phones more than every two years. If you are asking on here, the average is probably well under a year.
That being said, there will always be something better right around the corner. If you need a new phone now, get one now. Don't wait a whole year to buy one.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Asking on this forum, you won't get anything close to the typical buyer's average. Most people don't buy new phones more than every two years. If you are asking on here, the average is probably well under a year.
That being said, there will always be something better right around the corner. If you need a new phone now, get one now. Don't wait a whole year to buy one.

Best Answer Yet!!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If you keep waiting you'll never get a new one. The Note 5 is 2 years old. Go for the new Note 8. If the specs and size suit you

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Every year I say I'm going to skip the next generation Note because I'm so happy with the current one. And every year I get the new one. N7 was the one I probably would have kept; perfect for me. No way I'm waiting for the 9. I need the 8 like I need food. Especially using this S7E.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 is running just fine. Does everything I want it to do. Understand that here on the forum, many folks swap out for new phones every three to six months. That's fine for them but the flat screen, excellent reception, clear display and fast processor all work well. I'll keep my VZ extended warranty and if the battery degrades again, will get another. If no more Note 5's, will get another Sammy on warranty replacement and then move to Note 8 or 9. I know that this sounds boring to some but the phone is doing well. Plus, I've got all the accessories for it. Enjoy your new Note 8's. I'm not chasing this one like I didn't chase the Note 7. I sleep better at night! 😉

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My Note 5 is running just fine. Does everything I want it to do. Understand that here on the forum, many folks swap out for new phones every three to six months. That's fine for them but the flat screen, excellent reception, clear display and fast processor all work well. I'll keep my VZ extended warranty and if the battery degrades again, will get another. If no more Note 5's, will get another Sammy on warranty replacement and then move to Note 8 or 9. I know that this sounds boring to some but the phone is doing well. Plus, I've got all the accessories for it. Enjoy your new Note 8's. I'm not chasing this one like I didn't chase the Note 7. I sleep better at night! 😉

Lol I will definitely enjoy the note 8. Thanks. But I'm glad you got a phone that works for you. I'm using my note 5 til note 8 comes out. Not everyone upgrades and that fine. But some of us need a phone addiction hotline or something lmao. Myself included.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
So true.

When the iPhone came out, I told myself I'd wait for the iPhone 2. When the iPhone 2 came out, I told myself I'd wait for the 3. When that came out, I waited for the 4, then the 5, 6, and 7.

As a result, I've never purchased an iPhone. I keep waiting for a better model.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So true.

When the iPhone came out, I told myself I'd wait for the iPhone 2. When the iPhone 2 came out, I told myself I'd wait for the 3. When that came out, I waited for the 4, then the 5, 6, and 7.

As a result, I've never purchased an iPhone. I keep waiting for a better model.
So... Curious as to what you have?

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
So... Curious as to what you have?
Right now just two tin cans connected with a string. I just returned a BlackBerry KEYone due to a few major defects and am patiently waiting for the Essential PH-1.

My post above was pure sarcasm but it's true I've never owned an iPhone. They've never interested me. I just find it entertaining when people debate the whole "buy now or wait" topic. Buy when you need something and don't try to predict the future. It's difficult to predict. ;)

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Right now just two tin cans connected with a string. I just returned a BlackBerry KEYone due to a few major defects and am patiently waiting for the Essential PH-1.

My post above was pure sarcasm but it's true I've never owned an iPhone. They've never interested me. I just find it entertaining when people debate the whole "buy now or wait" topic. Buy when you need something and don't try to predict the future. It's difficult to predict. ;)
That's always my advice to someone who needs a phone right away. There's always something around the corner. And I was thinking you had a very good satirical reason to never have owned an iPhone, one which I may end up using myself. But if you need a phone, get the one that suits your needs now, unless you already have one that works for you, then you have the option to wait for one you want.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
there will always be something better right around the corner.

My reply was going to be something along the line of this. If the Note 8 works for you, then get it. A year is a long time to wait, and in that year, anything can go wrong, like the battery going bad, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary