Getting a One X this week - what is the most idiot proof case?

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm locked in for two years, I am afraid I will drop my phone. My wife has an iPhone 4s and a "spek" case, that is nice looking and basically encases the phone, including the screen, in thick plastic. Is there anything like that for the One X?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Getting a One X this week - what is the most idiot proof case

Otterbox Defender! Just remember to clean it every few weeks. As its #1 complaint...Its not 100% dust proof! Plus it has a built in screen protector.

OtterBox Commuter case! - A little bit lighter but still offers great protection. They case DOES come with 2 static cling screen protectors. Good ones too.

Cant really go wrong with either one of them to be honest. Really depends on your needs. I like the defender personally but thats just me!

Enjoy your new device and I am jealous of the screen! That is what I miss most about the HOX. Its still solid device by all means!

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

I have the Speck candyshell for the One X in red , its really nice and cheaper than the otter box
I didn't get the box because its rubber for the most part , and it makes your phone a brick

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been a faithful Seidio user for a couple of years. The Surface case for the One X even has a kickstand. Pair it with a Zagg shield and I always have mint condition phones even after a year.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site

i currently have the pt case from bestbuy(basically seidio case) and the invisible shield HD screen protector. makes for aweeeesome protection in a slim profile.. i do want the otterbox commuter tho.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Seidio, I got the Surface case with kickstand. The Active is an excellent choice for something tougher if needed, but for me it'll make the case too wide I think.

For screen protection, gotta go with the matte.

I find the Otter boxes to be too bulky, especially the Defender (with the integrated screen shield, how am i supposed to use a matte screen protector?)

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

Buy & Compare iPhone Insurance Phone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance best deal
Extended Warranty Insurance - Extended Warranties - Electronics Insurance ok deal
Cell Phone Insurance - Worth Ave Group Insurance for your Cell Phone | Worth Ave. Group not too bad

OR:
Just sell insure: Is Cell Phone Insurance Worth It?

Cases don't help much. They give you a false sense of security, they are totally useless when your phone goes in the lake or pool, gets lost of stolen. Save your money and put it towards your insurance policy or replacement fund.

Even tho I've never destroyed a phone, I have a cheap case AND insurance. But the case hardly ever gets used.

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Thank you everyone for the replies. I went ahead and got the Otter Box defender. I will also check out Worth Ave... thanks for the link!

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
In case you over paid, amazon has otterbox cases for around $25. You can always cancel/return your order if you did overpay (like buying from an att store)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

You would get ten million different answers if you ask ten million different people, but I think the Seidio ones are the best ones you can get.

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Seido gets good reviews. I like my Speck case. Pretty solid and is available in white to match my phone. The otterbox cases are way too huge clunky and just ugly. Not my cup o tea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac