Ghosting of Apps in Drawer

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Experiencing a strange problem with apps in my drawer on the home screen. I have ghosted images of the 7 apps that are not active when touched. I have my active links to these apps in the drawer and I can move these between my two screens. These active apps will lay across the ghosted images. I hope someone can understand what I am trying to describe. Im on 4.1.2 and using nova launcher prime. Ive had this configuration for several weeks and wasn't experiencing this phenomenon.

Any ideas what's going on?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing a strange problem with apps in my drawer on the home screen. I have ghosted images of the 7 apps that are not active when touched. I have my active links to these apps in the drawer and I can move these between my two screens. These active apps will lay across the ghosted images. I hope someone can understand what I am trying to describe. Im on 4.1.2 and using nova launcher prime. Ive had this configuration for several weeks and wasn't experiencing this phenomenon.

I think I do. If you know how to get to your task manager, bring up your list of apps. Your ghosted apps should be there as well. You can tap on the ghosted one, and it should bring it up, and I would click on uninstall. That should work and leave you with the other app intact.

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I do. If you know how to get to your task manager, bring up your list of apps. Your ghosted apps should be there as well. You can tap on the ghosted one, and it should bring it up, and I would click on uninstall. That should work and leave you with the other app intact.

By task manager are you referring to the Application Manager? If so, I'm not seeing a second image of the app as suggested. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
By task manager are you referring to the Application Manager? If so, I'm not seeing a second image of the app as suggested. Thanks

Nope. Press and hold the home button. That brings up your recent app list with 3 buttons below. A pie chart, Google, and a trash can. Hit the pie chart. That is task manager.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Press and hold the home button. That brings up your recent app list with 3 buttons below. A pie chart, Google, and a trash can. Hit the pie chart. That is task manager.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

We'll I was able to launch the task manager but that didnt solve my problem. I'm beginning to wonder if I have burn in.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If you think it may be burn in, try a little experiment. Go into your Nova settings & add another dock screen. Slide to it, leave it blank & see if you still see the ghost icons.

Sent from T2 on my N2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Take a Screenshot for us. This will help clue us in.

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I must say I'm a little embarrassed as my coworker figured out my problem. The issue was that the so called ghosted icons were actually part of my wallpaper. I inadvertently took a screen shot and used that as the wallpaper. Duh!

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I must say I'm a little embarrassed as my coworker figured out my problem. The issue was that the so called ghosted icons were actually part of my wallpaper. I inadvertently took a screen shot and used that as the wallpaper. Duh!

Actually, that's kinda funny. As long as you can laugh at it, I'm laughing with you. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor