Gingerbread Leaked Software Issues

What Leaked Software Do You Have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I more or less would like some honest opinions: What issues have you noticed with what Gingerbread leaked software?

The beta Gingerbread leak (2.01.605.0) is not listed as it was an incomplete build.

I am trying to build a worse case scenario on what issues might be forthcoming in the soon-to-be-released official update.

Please vote on the leaked software builds you have personally used, and post any issues that you have noticed. Common issues include, but not limited to: Voicemail notifications, data connectivity, power cycling (rebooting), etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have used both the 2.07 and 2.10.

2.07 - Bluetooth connectivity issues when receiving a text message. Wi-Fi toggle widget and quick drop brought me to menu rather than quickly disable. Odd notifications to use Wi-Fi even though Wi-Fi was off and I didn't select to search for open networks.

2.10 - No issues to report.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
4G data speeds are greatly reduced in my 2.10 build over the Mr2 Froyo. I've gone from consistantly getting around 20mbps to more like 8mbps. Data is also a little intermittant, sometimes have to disable and re-enable mobile data to get it working again. Seems good other than that.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
2.07 seemed to perform well. never did any data speed test, however.

2.10 would drop data (3g/4g) would just disappear for no good reason.

2.11 me likes. no speed test yet but so far no gotchas.

Have yet to get a vm to chk out that part.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have only loaded 207 so far, and every once in a while I get the WiFi popup asking me to choose a wifi...sometimes there is a source other times not...over all pretty solid for me, I get reception the one place I need it most, the grocery store!

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Great so far...better battery...speedtest and signal all match before. I use google voice so I havent noticed the VM bug.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 2.10 and no issues so far! :) I tries 2.01 before and it didn't go so well I had to go back to froyo. I'm using Thunder Stick.

But I'm still on the official MR2 radio. I updated to a new leaked one, dont remember which one but I kept losing LTE so I went back.

atcjr

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There are some minor differences I've noticed going to the GB release. Mine are mostly HTC widget related:
The WiFi widget takes you to the WiFi control panel. It used to toggle on/off the WiFi radio.
All the Additional HTC widgets are not available.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the replies! Keep them coming if anything new comes up!

To handle a couple of special cases:

I have only loaded 207 so far, and every once in a while I get the WiFi popup asking me to choose a wifi...sometimes there is a source other times not...over all pretty solid for me, I get reception the one place I need it most, the grocery store!

The WiFi issue with the 2.07 build is because it changes the default WiFi radio as "ON". Go into Setting -> Wireless & Networks -> Uncheck WiFi. If you already did that, then it is likely a bug in that software build. I believe I saw someone else having the same issue with 2.07.

2.07 seemed to perform well. never did any data speed test, however.

2.10 would drop data (3g/4g) would just disappear for no good reason.

2.11 me likes. no speed test yet but so far no gotchas.

Have yet to get a vm to chk out that part.

Thank you so much for a nice comparison of all three! Only one question: Do you notice any data connectivity issues with the 2.11 build?

There are some minor differences I've noticed going to the GB release. Mine are mostly HTC widget related:
The WiFi widget takes you to the WiFi control panel. It used to toggle on/off the WiFi radio.

Yes, I've noticed the issue with the HTC widgets. I noticed a similar issue with a stock Gingerbread Incredible 2. Yet another piece that makes me think HTC got lazy and Copy+Pasted Sense 2.1 directly from the Incredible 2. Too many similarities on vastly different devices in relation to hardware (LTE vs. Global).

Has anyone installed any aftermarket Sense skins and/or noticed any ghost images of the icons in the notification bar?

Again, thank you all for the responses!

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

They fixed that in the 2.10 release. It toggles it on/off now.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
2.07 Wi-Fi toggle useless and far more Wi-Fi popups than Froyo. Even when set not to scan for open networks works and in wildness areas with NO networks would pop-up showing no networks on almost all apps. Sign-in issues with VZW services (NFL Mobile and My Verizon) for three days. Assisted Dialer was on by default chewing up battery (after disable battery use dropped from 26% to 2%). Didn't get to spend much time in LTE coverage, but no issues noted. Ghosting icons in notification bar. Battery life improved over Froyo. Some apps notably MLB at Bat now incompatible through Market. Oddly cross checking against Amazon App Store shows it for purchase. Some of the free ones unavailable in Market, d/l and run fine from Amazon. Just not willing to buy MLB again... next year I'll buy it from Amazon.

2.11 Time in LTE has been limited. Some weeks I'm in coverage, but not so the last couple of weeks. No issues noted during my breif time in LTE... No Ghosting icon noted. Battery life seems to be improved again, especially overnight. Battery seems to run hotter during charging. Most notable after hitting 100%. rises from low 90s F to nearly 110F.

I'll post more when I get to spend some time in LTE.

Reactions: Mortiel

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Would you guys recommend flashing 2.11 if I am currently on 2.07? That much of a difference or should I just wait it out?

I would say its ok... from what I am hearing, 2.10 is the only one that had connectivity issues. 2.07 worked fine for me, but if you are getting the WiFi notification problem, then I would say update to 2.11.

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
To update from 2.10 to 2.11 what do I rename file in Astro to update. Please any help would be great. Just started having call problems way to many missed calls

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
To update from 2.10 to 2.11 what do I rename file in Astro to update. Please any help would be great. Just started having call problems way to many missed calls

The file that has been posted is a .exe, not a .zip. You have to run it from your computer and follow the instructions.

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I haven't seen this one posted yet... When I am composing a text message the blinking cursor disappears for a time then starts flashing again after finishing a word and hitting the space bar. Kind of like it hiccups. I have seen this in the stock message app and GoSMS Pro.

It's nothing earth shattering, but a difference I noticed.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I haven't seen this one posted yet... When I am composing a text message the blinking cursor disappears for a time then starts flashing again after finishing a word and hitting the space bar. Kind of like it hiccups. I have seen this in the stock message app and GoSMS Pro.

It's nothing earth shattering, but a difference I noticed.

Now that you mean it I have seen that in Go SMS. I had an alert from Watchdog that Flex T9 had exceeded my CPU threshold of 40%.... Can't remember the exact usage..... I didn't think about it being GB, but it might be....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to thing the issues with voicemail notification might be only part of the problem with the notification bar. If I have my GPS turned on and I turn it off, the icon in the notification bar does not update to show that GPS is off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware