Gingerbread NOW available

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
lm holding off on this at least til its rootable as well :)

+2. I'm hitting over 1800 quadrant scores on RubiX 2.0.1 and am in no hurry to mess with my set up. I'm one of those "wait until the smoke clears" people. The feedback has certainly made trying GB tempting, though.

Snake_915

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For me this is more stable and faster than what I was running before (Liberty 1.5). I don't mind the loss of root at all. I am liking the new status update widgets a lot.
One small problem though, anyone else having issues moving around icons/widgets in the homescreen? Sometimes they disappear if you move them around too fast; it seems a little glitchy. Other than that everything is great.

db306#AC

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted recently and do not want to lose Wireless Tethering, so I will wait until we are able to root.

I have found that the 3g mobile hotspot app is working for me on the new leak. Others are reporting that if you previously had the 3g hotspot patch prior to flashing the new GB it is working for them as well.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I know of at least ONE app that isn't showing up in the market. Its CLapp that just so happens to be my favorite Craigslist app. That's just one that I know of, I'm sure there are others. That may just be a Gingerbread issue and not a specific issue of this build. The online market doesn't have my phone listed anymore, just says"Verizon" phone. As such, it seems I've lost the ability to push apps to my phone from the online market.

Biggest omission I've noticed thus far is that my LEDs aren't functioning. That's a big blower for me. I'm anxiously awaiting to get those back.

oh, and I never did use the stock Moto widgets much, so I may be mistaken, but I THINK the weather app has been updated. Looks really nice. Uses the same scrolling effect that Moto employs for the landscape picture or music album view.

tsulak

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I hate to be a complete noob here, but I have a few questions. I want to upgrade to to 2.3.3 from a stock 2.2.1. I have not done this process before and was wondering if someone could give me a clear step by step process for doing so using the TBH file. I don't want to root my X, I just want to upgrade to Gingerbread.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I hate to be a complete noob here, but I have a few questions. I want to upgrade to to 2.3.3 from a stock 2.2.1. I have not done this process before and was wondering if someone could give me a clear step by step process for doing so using the TBH file. I don't want to root my X, I just want to upgrade to Gingerbread.

You can't flash this build without clockwork recovery, you can't get to clockwork recovery without bootstrapping, you can't bootstrap without having root. Bottom line, you will need to root your device.

Rooting your Droid X is literally one press of a button. If that process is too daunting for you, then flashing to a ROM that has not even attained root yet is not a good idea. Because if there is an issue with this ROM, you would have to use SBF to restore your current settings - which can be a pain in the ass at times even when you know what you're doing.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

just wait for the official Gingerbread. If just the act of rooting scares you, you definitely don't need to mess with an unofficial, unrooted "GingerBlur".

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Im impressed w/ Gingerbread here, its only gonna get better when the devs get it rooted and dare I say unblurred? Maybe not deblurred but it will be interesting to see what type of Roms come out if this build. As for now the battery issue with my Gingerbread will have me going back to my last setup, but its looking bright for us DROID X users!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Gingerbread icons were supposed to be green? Not complaining, mind you. I am liking the blue icons much more, though i think they'd look a lot better sitting on a black notification bar.

I'm hoping that Fab is enticed enough by GB to come back to tinker with ApeX.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Gingerbread icons were supposed to be green? Not complaining, mind you. I am liking the blue icons much more, though i think they'd look a lot better sitting on a black notification bar.

I'm hoping that Fab is enticed enough by GB to come back to tinker with ApeX.

They're green on vanilla gingerbread. This has Moto's updated Blur over it.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Im impressed w/ Gingerbread here, its only gonna get better when the devs get it rooted and dare I say unblurred? Maybe not deblurred but it will be interesting to see what type of Roms come out if this build. As for now the battery issue with my Gingerbread will have me going back to my last setup, but its looking bright for us DROID X users!

Have the file sitting on my SD card...so tempting...What battery issues are you having before I decide to pull the trigger.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
east and west are reversed in google maps, sky map, and earth. Gps locks very quickly but no longer displays the margin of error. Browser is laggy upon reopening because the pages have to reload. Overall the system is way faster than stock, but liberty with an overclock is completely lag free. I'll give gb another try once it's rooted, but for now, back to liberty.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ugh...I am waiting for my apps to start downloading from the Market after installing Gingerbread. It's not happening. Any ideas how to get the Market to download the installed apps on my Google account?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
RT @bigxie: Well GB for the DX seems cool. I'm glad Motorola is being pretty proactive in updating it's halo devices. If it gets rooted, Apex ensues :)

Sounds good! Has anyone here ask about the missing gingerbread keyboard?

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ugh...I am waiting for my apps to start downloading from the Market after installing Gingerbread. It's not happening. Any ideas how to get the Market to download the installed apps on my Google account?

when you open android market and click 'my apps', does anything show up?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Have the file sitting on my SD card...so tempting...What battery issues are you having before I decide to pull the trigger.

Im really picky about battery life, this build was giving me like 10 hours or so. ( Pandora on 3g for 3 hours could be the reason) :)