Glass Screen Protectors that work with Fingerprint Sensor?

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Well nice to see whitestone is still not holding up as well as in the past :/ less then two weeks no drops or nothing and I find this tonight. These things used to be tanks on my other phones like the s10 and stuff. Oh well at least their replacement is only 10.00 bucks

Attachments

• Resized_20210219_223241.jpeg
    Resized_20210219_223241.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 33

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Lol, that sure looks like an impact mark...you sure someone else didn't drop and not tell you ;)

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Well nice to see whitestone is still not holding up as well as in the past :/ less then two weeks no drops or nothing and I find this tonight. These things used to be tanks on my other phones like the s10 and stuff. Oh well at least their replacement is only 10.00 bucks

Is that excess dried glue all around the edges?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I forgot who else bought the Zagg Glass Fusion but does your FP still work well? Sometimes mine works right away and great and other times it says press harder and I have to try a few times. Sometimes I just use the pin instead which I have to have in order to get my work email on my phone I believe. Haven't asked my husband lately but at one point he was wanting to take it back. I know he redid fingerprints. Our main usage is when we log into to banking and other finance apps we like using our FP. As far as unlocking the phone I have it said to home as being a trusted place but it doesn't always work. But mine works good enough most of the time to where I will keep it and like having it on.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could find somewhere to buy the amFilm protectors here... I'm still a bit reticent about the Whitestone ones, all the stickers to protect the frame, buttons and earpiece make it seem easy to mess up.

alshepard

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
I got the Simple Liquid Glass. He smeared it on the phone, stuck it in a curing device and it is so slick. I usually go commando on my screens and this feels even slicker. I don’t know how well it will hold up. I’m pretty careful with my phones so it won’t get hard wear. No issues with fingerprints. I did the prints after the costing went on.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My husband doesn't like his Zagg he is still having FP problems and mine isn't as bad and I like mine on the phone. He is wanting to take it back and see if he can get a refund. He never had one on his S10 plus after the original one wore off that came with the phone. He'd rather not have one on at all. I am trying to be so careful with mine and when I put my phone in my purse make sure it's not in a pocket with anything else and my FP works great some and has it's hiccups where it takes a couple tries sometimes. It's nowhere near as great as without but I can live it he doesn't like it.

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Using the Spigen (Platinum with the UV light) screen protector. The fingerprint reader is a little less sensitive, but it is working fine. Installation was pretty easy if you follow the instructions.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
So, I just installed my first Whitestone protector on my S21 Ultra. It is very clear and seems to work very well with the fingerprint sensor.

Anyone who's a bit reticent as I was, it actually is incredibly easy. All the kit is a bit intimidating but it's all there to make it easy.

Minor criticisms, my screen seems a bit orange... Probably because it filters some blue light... It might just be psychosomatic.

I'd actually prefer if it covered the front camera.

The fit is a bit small. I expected it to be closer to the edge... It's probably by design for case compatibility but there's a lot of clearance, especially at the bottom.

Overall, I'm happy enough.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
So, I just installed my first Whitestone protector on my S21 Ultra. It is very clear and seems to work very well with the fingerprint sensor.

Anyone who's a bit reticent as I was, it actually is incredibly easy. All the kit is a bit intimidating but it's all there to make it easy.

Minor criticisms, my screen seems a bit orange... Probably because it filters some blue light... It might just be psychosomatic.

I'd actually prefer if it covered the front camera.

The fit is a bit small. I expected it to be closer to the edge... It's probably by design for case compatibility but there's a lot of clearance, especially at the bottom.

Overall, I'm happy enough.

Nice job with your first Whitestone Dome install!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Another shout out for the am film for the Ultra. First time I got one of these right. Perfect application and fingerprint works phenomenal.

Plus they give you two!!!!!!!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I forgot who else bought the Zagg Glass Fusion but does your FP still work well? Sometimes mine works right away and great and other times it says press harder and I have to try a few times. Sometimes I just use the pin instead which I have to have in order to get my work email on my phone I believe. Haven't asked my husband lately but at one point he was wanting to take it back. I know he redid fingerprints. Our main usage is when we log into to banking and other finance apps we like using our FP. As far as unlocking the phone I have it said to home as being a trusted place but it doesn't always work. But mine works good enough most of the time to where I will keep it and like having it on.
I had a Zagg...OK if you like plastic

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
cellhelmet Liquid Glass Screen Protector | Universal for All iPhone, Galaxy & All Phones | Made in USA | As Seen on Shark Tank | Retail Packaged https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MKHMD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6928475

anybody ever try this?
I've used this on my last two phones S20 & S21. My son has it on his S20 as does my friend and my granddaughter. All screens are scratch free and intact. I also put it on my Samsung watch, which gets slammed off of wall corners. Watch is clear as a bell.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Well my first Whitestone didn't last very long. And it wasn't even any drops that cracked it I just randomly pulled it out of my pocket and there was a crack in the upper corner and then today my phone just kind of shuffled a little bit in my cup holder and cracked the middle of the screen. ??????

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Well my first Whitestone didn't last very long. And it wasn't even any drops that cracked it I just randomly pulled it out of my pocket and there was a crack in the upper corner and then today my phone just kind of shuffled a little bit in my cup holder and cracked the middle of the screen. ������

Damn, that sucks. You can do the warranty replacement for $9.99.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien