Gmail App, can I use a custom "Sent" sound?

THEBDC

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy S20+/Android 10

I am using the Gmail app client and would just like to add a custom sound when email is sent (the iOS sent email sound to be exact)...I've done this using the MS Outlook client app in the past - but I don't see how I can master this on the Gmail app...any takers?

BTW...I have already added custom sounds to: internal storage\notifications

Thanks BDC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re: Gmail App, can I use a custom "Sent" sound?

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

I don't believe the Gmail app has an option for outgoing mail tones. You'd have to find a 3rd party email app that has that feature.

THEBDC

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site

Actually...I added a custom email sound via the Android settings...its not working either - what a bummer! Without looking...can anyone recommend a free better/best mobile email client for my S20? After 24 years...I'm converting all Office apps to free/open source. I have been using TBird & Firefox...so TB mobile may be a possibility...thoughts? This has been a challenge ;)

BTW...I am a former Network Admin and thank you in advance

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Actually...I added a custom email sound via the Android settings...its not working either - what a bummer! Without looking...can anyone recommend a free better/best mobile email client for my S20? After 24 years...I'm converting all Office apps to free/open source. I have been using TBird & Firefox...so TB mobile may be a possibility...thoughts? This has been a challenge ;)

BTW...I am a former Network Admin and thank you in advance
I only use Gmail and outlook app , you were a network admin here ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29