gmail issue still

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
sometimes I get my emails instantly, but most of the time at night I wont receive one single email but then I wake up- refresh my inbox and all of a sudden I have 20 emails and the notification that I have email. I have factory reset the phone (only way to delete main email function) and still the issue persists. So I dont understand why my gmail to my droid sometimes works but others doesn't. Anyone with any help thanks?

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys I really need help and cant find the answers to this. I also have issues with slacker where if i go to the home screen and then back- the phone says it has to force shut slacker constantly because it freezes up. Anyone have any advice?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Odd, I dont think it is a 2.1 thing, because I have not heard about this widespread, nor ever experience it.

Be sure no one is using a task killer that is killing gmail, i made that mistake once :/ woops

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Do you have multiple gmail accounts? If so, do you have then set up to poll at the same frequency? That might explain why there appears to be multoiple emails showing up at the same time, it hasn't checked for several hours and then polls and retrieves several at once.

dancingcrab

Feb 16, 2010
www.dancingcrabspeaks.blogspot.com
Odd, I dont think it is a 2.1 thing, because I have not heard about this widespread, nor ever experience it.

Be sure no one is using a task killer that is killing gmail, i made that mistake once :/ woops

I figured it wasn't 2.1, but it's definitely only started happening since installing it. I don't use any task killer, and haven't changed any settings. It's a little annoying...

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
sometimes I get my emails instantly, but most of the time at night I wont receive one single email but then I wake up- refresh my inbox and all of a sudden I have 20 emails and the notification that I have email. I have factory reset the phone (only way to delete main email function) and still the issue persists. So I dont understand why my gmail to my droid sometimes works but others doesn't. Anyone with any help thanks?

i have same problem also with 2.01 and 2.1 its not always pushing gmail emails sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem as well. Sometimes ill get the emails. other times ihave to refresh and then i have like 10

Ethame

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
The google status page says there is some sort of service interruption, but it doesn't say it's related to Android specifically. I'm not getting my email unless I manually refresh either.

I can't post links yet, but google "google status page" and it should be the first link.

Tat2

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I figured it wasn't 2.1, but it's definitely only started happening since installing it. I don't use any task killer, and haven't changed any settings. It's a little annoying...

my gmail accounts have been doing the same thing since I updated to 2.1 and I too have not made any changes to any settings

sthelina

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here since 2.1 update. Every morning I'm having to turn my facebook and gmail sync back on. It seems every night they turn themselves back off. I know that it's done it for the last few days.

Tat2

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
just saw this saying there was an issue with some gmail users....go to google.com/appsstatus#rm=1&di=1&hl=en

just copy that link cause I dont have 10 post yet to be able to post links

Berkshire5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one having this same issue. I picked up my Droid on Tuesday, and the 2.1 update came right away.

Gmail push was instant for a few minutes, but has been getting delayed longer and longer since. Very furstrating as gmail push should be instant...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stargazer