Go sms

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay So I uninstalled the default app (didn't realize Go couldn't do everything by default)
ANYWAYS I can receive and send texts just fine but MMS still doesn't work without the default program it has a setting in go to input APN configuration manually(What is this and how do I set it up to receive my mms messages again?
EDIT:
Anyone want to upload a default messenger apk for me to download?

Last edited:

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm sounds to me like another person made the mistake of uninstalling a system app. Never a good idea, so why do people think they should? System apps don't even take up that much space anyways, besides Google Maps and Gmail. Just re flash your phone with another ROM, if you didn't make a back up of the MMS.apk with Titanium Backup.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
What rom are you on? Gingerbread roms still have some tinks to work out for receiving MMS. It's not entirely the fault of 2.3 roms. It's how Virgin Mobile encodes reception of MMS, I think.

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry bud, but some people have their own opinions.

Anyway, Go Sms MMS didn't work for me, on stock, 2.3 rom, and 2.2 roms. /shrug. Now using chompsms.

Yeah I've tried them all too and without a doubt handcent is the best the rest our sh*t for handling mms! Fact!

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had no problem with Go sms receiving mms Not to metnion you can customize HOW it is received and the font scan is better :p

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
receiving isnt the problem the viewing is the problem! Handcent will actually open and play the mms correctly while these other programs try to open it with gallery. Which will not make animated gifs work right.

Last edited:

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Eh, not taking sides here, as it is opinion in all actuality... but Handcent is pretty awesome. Much more customizable than the others I've tried, and with addons like Location and Emoji plugin as well as themes galore... If you get into font rendering, while that may be an issue for some, it seems to be more hair splitting in my opinion.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Go sms? Why? Handcent is the absolute best give it a try. Definetly best for viewing mms messages!

LOL Handcent is butt ugly. You sir have bad taste in good apps. ChompSMS is even better than this. GO SMS has a great UI. As a graphic designer, UI is #1

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
LOL Handcent is butt ugly. You sir have bad taste in good apps. ChompSMS is even better than this. GO SMS has a great UI. As a graphic designer, UI is #1

I dont give a rats ass about UI if animated gifs arent even viewable on the program! The only one that handles animated gifs correctly is handcent! Everything else doesn't! So the others may or may not look better but they are in fact handicapped!

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... I'm more of a power user myself, rather than someone who chooses aesthetically appealing applications. It needs to be able to have everything and the kitchen sink AND make sure the water runs filtered and purified as well. So to speak.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I'm more of a power user myself, rather than someone who chooses aesthetically appealing applications. It needs to be able to have everything and the kitchen sink AND make sure the water runs filtered and purified as well. So to speak.

We all have different needs. I don't get sent cheesy animated gifs so that is something I could care less about. A well designed app that works is better. Like chompsms.

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]