God why is verizon getting shafted again

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon spends more time testing their phone radios before release than any other carrier. This is partially the cause for the delay in comparison to other carriers.

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Verizon never said that the phone will be released on an exact day... it's only said that it will ship by XX. Meaning it can come sooner than the given date or at worse by that given date. I think Verizon learned a lesson from another well anticipated phone they release last year (Thunderbolt). The Thunderbolt was delayed , over and over again. SO I think rather than have people get irate for moving dates to release the SG3, they are being more cautious and providing a ship by date instead.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is usually a cautious cat when it comes to phone releases. At least give them a chance to ship it by July 9th/10th before giving them a good reaming. It's better than getting the dreaded "coming soon" or no information at till a few days before release (I'm looking at you Galaxy Nexus).

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Listen, I get it we all want our phones and while it would be pretty sweet to be surprised with an early shipping date; VZW let us know when and that when is all the way by July 10th x.X.

So no one should be outraged or freaking out that ATT, Sprint, and T-Mobile is getting thier's now...I mean they told us so right?

So lets all be jealous, but thats about all I can muster for feelings when it comes to our late Christmas.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
this iritates me at@t gets there shipping and sprint as well. Verizon please take the tumb out of your butt send your preorders out

We will get our phones soon. I guess I have bigger things to worry about then when a phone will arrive. First world problem. There is always the option of moving to another carrier if you want it sooner.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
One way to consider things is by being last you can read up and hear what things are like and then see what your in for with the US versions and how the radios/etc perform.

Lets cross our fingers on Sammy's radios this time around or you guys might be in the perfect spot to start reconsidering your purchases before they ship :p

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
One way to consider things is by being last you can read up and hear what things are like and then see what your in for with the US versions and how the radios/etc perform.

Lets cross our fingers on Sammy's radios this time around or you guys might be in the perfect spot to start reconsidering your purchases before they ship :p

But the radios will not necessarily apply in our devices. Aren't they different radios? When The note came to AT&T, T-Mobile customers where using them but had to swap radios.

I am actually more concerned with Battery life than anything else given the CMDA and LTE radio running simultaneously.

flenn

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I agree that it'll be good to look at reviews of the North America models as they release, but given the difference in radio technologies, network infrastructure, etc. between the carriers, I wouldn't put too much into the radio evaluations unless you're using the same carrier.

I'd like to confirm that the phone is fast and smooth with the S4; more benchmarks would be great. I also wouldn't mind looking at more photo and video samples from users rather than reviewers. And of course, battery life...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But the radios will not necessarily apply in our devices. Aren't they different radios? When The note came to AT&T, T-Mobile customers where using them but had to swap radios.

I am actually more concerned with Battery life than anything else given the CMDA and LTE radio running simultaneously.

I was more or less commenting on Sammy's known past of not having the best reputation for quality of radio's. Some people never had a problem with them, while others have complained of poor signal quality and other complaints.

Again this is a YMMV situation and you need to make up your own decision when the device is in your hands.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it'll be good to look at reviews of the North America models as they release, but given the difference in radio technologies, network infrastructure, etc. between the carriers, I wouldn't put too much into the radio evaluations unless you're using the same carrier.

I'd like to confirm that the phone is fast and smooth with the S4; more benchmarks would be great. I also wouldn't mind looking at more photo and video samples from users rather than reviewers. And of course, battery life...
Agreed. Sammy's known for not having the best of the best radios when stacked against other manufactures but you are correct in saying part of it comes down to individual network support/coverage.

Just from my own experience I've had 2 Sammy's (SGS Epic 4g & NS4G) and aside Sprint's poor network my radio quality has been reasonably good but I seem to be in the minority on that assessment.

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I just contacted my local best buy (Raleigh, NC) where I pre-ordered to inquire on any updates of the Verizon release. The employee in the mobile department who answered the phone stated that as far as she knows, they are getting the phone for all carriers on their inventory truck that arrives tonight around 7 pm. (I know this is different for all best buys). I would definitely take this with a grain of salt, but here's to hoping!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep I would take that one with a grain of salt... Even if Best Buy is getting them for Verizon I'm sure they are on lock down for selling them until word from Big Red.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Come on guys, they need to make sure VZ Navigator and VCast Media Manager are working correctly since we all NEED those to really enjoy our new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp