Going for a Note 9 yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Had the Note 8. After almost two months could not stand the Android and Samsung way of working. Dumped it.

No note 9 for me in the future. :)

You did better than me with iOS. Lasted 48hrs with a temp iPhone. ;) It was a long 48hrs.
Although I did sell it for a profit after reflowing the board for the WiFi not working.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I don't need the latest and greatest phone on the market every year, so I'll be perfectly fine with my Note 8 for another year or 2.

That said, even if I were more of a phone junkie, if the Galaxy S9 is any indication, then I'd likely avoid the Note 9. The S9, from nearly all accounts, offers practically nothing in terms of new design, features, or function aside from better placement of the fingerprint scanner.

Gotta assume that the Note 9 is going to follow suit and will only offer some modest improvements. I'm not paying premium phone prices for modest improvements.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I don't need the latest and greatest phone on the market every year, so I'll be perfectly fine with my Note 8 for another year or 2.

That said, even if I were more of a phone junkie, if the Galaxy S9 is any indication, then I'd likely avoid the Note 9. The S9, from nearly all accounts, offers practically nothing in terms of new design, features, or function aside from better placement of the fingerprint scanner.

Gotta assume that the Note 9 is going to follow suit and will only offer some modest improvements. I'm not paying premium phone prices for modest improvements.

Strong rumors indicate 4000mah battery, 8gb ram and more spen features. The first two are big upgrades over the s9 plus. I wanted the s9 plus, but then I saw these rumors and if true then it totally blows the s9 plus out of the water and I'd be mad I didn't wait.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...storage-specs-camera-size-price-release-date/

"Almost inevitably, the news breaks from Ice Universe. Having previously revealed the Galaxy Note 9 will be available with an industry-leading 512GB of storage. The mysterious tipster has now clarified that Samsung’s largest capacity option will only be made available in China and South Korea".

Won't happen. 256gb iPhone X goes for $1150... no way Samsung will sell an 512gb for less than 1K.

Maybe a 512gb option for > $1k but they rarely do options like that in the US and only offer special China or Korean variants later.

If the renders and dimensions are accurate and the FPS under camera definitely limiting the space they have, then unless they use a new battery technology it's 3300mah battery again. You have to look at pics of the Note 8, S9+ and S8 Active teardown videos to see the difference in 3300, 3500 and 4000 mah battery.

I really wish they would make the phone thicker to shoehorn a bigger battery... 3500 minimum but 3750-4000 preferred. Took my phone out of case the other day to clean and used it for a while and I really don't like holding it without case... too thin. Maybe being too darn slippery doesn't help.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Love my note 8 but unless samsung starts putting some software that makes the pen really fun/essential.. I'm probably going to pixel... But I'll wait to see what happens with the note 10

Rogue Bolo

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I will be mainly because my current device is the LG V20, which I have been very disappointed with to date, starting with exchanging 4 devices due to the infamous "Bootloop" issue until I received one that worked. Even now I have slow response and lagging issues. My ultimate deal breaker was with LG going the "notch" route. My previous devices have been Samsung Galaxies, all of which have been working like clockwork. I don't have the luxury of waiting for the Note 10. I do have the Luxury of T-mobile's jump plan to upgrade to the Note 10 if it is compelling enough against the Note 9.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
We have heard other rumors about 8 gb ram before. I believe it but it's likely that the 8 GB model will only be in Asia. I very doubt Europe or North America gets it.

IF somehow we did I'd get the 8GB ram unless it was some off the wall pricing like $1100. No way I'd pay that for a phone right now. I'd go for the 6gb model or even the s9 plus if the base Note 8 has off the wall price for only a minor upgrade.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Phones now being priced at $1000+ is hard to justify upgrading every year. Even if I was to upgrade to a Note 9, I am only able to sell my Note 8 for half the price based on Swappa and local avenues. This may be the first year I don't upgrade; instead, stick with the current model until Note 10. Many rumors are pointing to Samsung making massive upgrades with the 10 lineup.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
....the LG V20, which I have been very disappointed with to date, starting with exchanging 4 devices due to the infamous "Bootloop" issue until I received one that worked...

4 devices!? Wow that's some impressive patience. I would have given up on that long ago. You know that old saying, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Originally my answer to upgrading to the Note 9 was no, but I forgot that I am on the Galaxy forever plan with Sprint. If the monthly price is right, I will get the Note 9. I don't mind keeping my Note 8 another year, but I am running out of storage. Rumors say that the base model for the Note 9 will be 128GB. And if the battery is bigger, it would be hard for me to pass up. Overall, I am happy with the Note 8. I just need the battery to last me a little longer.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am on tmobile jump plan so I can upgrade to Note 9.But I am rocking note 8 and absolutely no issues. I am very happy withe note8. So I don't need note 9. But I am a phone junky will see. Knowing me I will be pre-order note 9

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The note 8 is a beast. Zero issues for me and one of the few devices that I have been happy to keep for the year.
An upgraded 8 , even mildly so , why the hell not.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait for the Note 10. So very happy with my 8 and it still looks/performs as if it were brand new. I am really looking forward to what is coming with the 10!

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If the storage and the RAM, battery usage pan out to be true, I will upgrade. Who am I kidding I always find a reason to upgrade every Note....lol

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
We're getting closer :)
I'm in two minds now though, unless Samsung comes out with a miracle promotion for current note 8 owners, I would have to stump up the full price and then sell my note8 to subsidise it's price afterwards and going by the rumours of the note9 I'm just not sure I'll be bothered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred