Going for a Note 9 yes/no

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Free unicorn with that spec. :)

LOL I know, however.... If you break it down it's not totally unrealistic and if they want to stay at the top of flagship country they can't afford to be far off that.
They started mass production of the 512 SoC when they thought they were launching the foldable galaxy X already in 2018 but that is now 2019 instead, battery they were already being WAY to Conservative about so if Ice Universe are now 100% about 4000mah then there a VERY good chance it is real.
Front camera is way overdue an upgrade so either a dual aperture or dual one like is going in the next A8 are real possibilities.
Rear cam won't be any less than S9+ no matter what and quite possibly some kinda upgrade even if not much.
They have been quite good at avoiding spen leaks/rumours which could be another surprise

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
LOL I know, however.... If you break it down it's not totally unrealistic and if they want to stay at the top of flagship country they can't afford to be far off that.
They started mass production of the 512 SoC when they thought they were launching the foldable galaxy X already in 2018 but that is now 2019 instead, battery they were already being WAY to Conservative about so if Ice Universe are now 100% about 4000mah then there a VERY good chance it is real.
Front camera is way overdue an upgrade so either a dual aperture or dual one like is going in the next A8 are real possibilities.
Rear cam won't be any less than S9+ no matter what and quite possibly some kinda upgrade even if not much.
They have been quite good at avoiding spen leaks/rumours which could be another surprise

There is about a 99% chance I will be pre ordering the Note 9.
Your right, there is no reason those specs can't be realised.
The note back to an all day powerhouse would be awesome.
I'm most interested in the camera. I hope that there is some change to the S9+ set-up. Whether in hardware or software.
Hate to say it, but I have been pretty disappointed with the shots í have seen from the S9 so far. I need some help flattering my shots.

512GB I don't really need tbh. ALL my digital shots and a fair few of my film shots all sit in the cloud. ( OK it's about 500GB but I don't need it in my device )

Don't really use the front camera either but there are far better ones out there than the Note 8 has, so it could do with an overhaul.

What more can be done with the SPen? Voice?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 8 does everything I need it to do. I really have no complaints and certainly do not need an upgrade this year. That said, the phone junk-e in me will have me pulled in to a note 9, likely :)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
thank you. if Samsung would remove their collective heads from their derrières and google wasn't about selling us and giving away our privacy, I would never go. but since neither can be fixed or helped, I will sadly walk away. it's been a great nine years with android though. I had so much fun! hacking, customizing, etc. it's been a riot.

I'll still come around to see what's up though ;)

Lol I couldn't have the heart to leave my beloved note line. But, I understand what you saying. And I'm going to hold you to that. Don't make me come internet hunt you done hehe😁

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The s-pen really is the joker this time I think... Let's see..
If a 4000mah battery is a reality then I don't see why an s-pen with a small built in battery and a microphone that can charge wirelessly in the s-pen slot shouldn't be possible and that would offer huge potential for all sorts of functionality

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am so up in the air about this. Beautiful screen, great camera, top of the line specs and the S pen. But I absolutely despise the Samsung services. There is no reason to have Samsung browser interfering with another browser I might want to use. I have 3 stupid cloud services because there is Google and Samsung on my phone which I don't use because I use Onedrive. I could go on and on. Android is a convoluted mess and when you add in all the extra Samsung crap it becomes beyond annoying. However, it may end up being the only phone that doesn't have a notch and that alone will force me to get it.
Samsung browser > any other browser

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I am so up in the air about this. Beautiful screen, great camera, top of the line specs and the S pen. But I absolutely despise the Samsung services. There is no reason to have Samsung browser interfering with another browser I might want to use. I have 3 stupid cloud services because there is Google and Samsung on my phone which I don't use because I use Onedrive. I could go on and on. Android is a convoluted mess and when you add in all the extra Samsung crap it becomes beyond annoying. However, it may end up being the only phone that doesn't have a notch and that alone will force me to get it.

When you have options you complain. When there are no options people call it walled garden. I don't understand. I prefer having options.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope you come by and post some pictures with it in the Note 9 forum.

thank you. ❤️

depending on the Apple camera, I'll likely still be using my Note 8 cam (still wish it was my N7). everything else aside, the camera is awesome. and I'll be around to see your photos for sure. ??????

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol I couldn't have the heart to leave my beloved note line. But, I understand what you saying. And I'm going to hold you to that. Don't make me come internet hunt you done hehe??????

I completely understand. wish I didn't feel the need to make the move, but too much has gone on recently with personal privacy, data scraping, etc., and I'm stepping up to take care of mine. always been a very private person.

all of that said, like a rash you can't get rid of, I will be around. need to make sure everyone's loving their new phones, looking at the new and wonderful photos, etc. and if I hate the iPhone I'll be back anyway.??????

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol I couldn't have the heart to leave my beloved note line. But, I understand what you saying. And I'm going to hold you to that. Don't make me come internet hunt you done hehe😁

I completely understand. wish I didn't feel the need to make the move, but too much has gone on recently with personal privacy, data scraping, etc., and I'm stepping up to take care of mine. always been a very private person.

all of that said, like a rash you can't get rid of, I will be around. need to make sure everyone's loving their new phones, looking at the new and wonderful photos, etc. and if I hate the iPhone I'll be back anyway.😁

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

The Galaxy X is going to be the first smartphone to rise above $1k. Mark my words on that one. Can't wait to see it though!

h2ofun

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Since I turned in a phone with a 24 month credit process, unless the Note 9 is out of this world, which is not what any of the rumors are saying, nope, love the note 8 so will wait to see what the note 10 is

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I want to get the s9 plus maybe but seeing the new Note 9 rumors like 8gb ram I'd be MAD once the Note 9 comes out. I will have to stick with Note 8 for a couple more months. Can mid august just hurry up!

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Had the Note 8. After almost two months could not stand the Android and Samsung way of working. Dumped it.

No note 9 for me in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe