Good Deal from Carrier to Upgrade - Worth it? or Wait?

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've been using an HTC M9 for almost 3 years that is on it's death bed, maybe 4-6 months left to live before I throw it out of a window in frustration.

My carrier is offering the Pixel (32gb or 128gb) or Pixel XL (32gb) for $0 with $0 connection fee on a 2 year plan. Basically I could get either model and my bill doesn't change. Leaning towards the XL for the battery life.

In your opinion is the device good enough to upgrade now, or would it be in my best interest to hold out until the newer model is released (Octoberish I believe?)

Thanks for the help!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
If you are not interested in the latest or greatest then I'd absolutely do it. Otherwise, wait a few more months and see what the Pixel 2 has to offer.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I plan to use my Pixel for another year and have zero problems with it. If you're able to get a good deal, I'd go for it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you with a carrier that you would want to stay with for 2 years? Whatever your answer to my question is, that's my answer to your question of if you should get the Pixel.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion is the device good enough to upgrade now, or would it be in my best interest to hold out until the newer model is released (Octoberish I believe?)

Thanks for the help!

Is it good enough? Sure. Would I, no.

There have been some great deals on both the LG 6 and the S8 and after switching to the 18/9 aspect ratio I wouldn't want anything else.

I picked up the G6 for my daughter on Sprint for $4.75 a month

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I ended up grabbing the Pixel XL this afternoon. For $0 and no change to my plan it was kind of a no brainer. I usually use my phones for the full terms regardless these days. So far it looks good. Just familiarizing myself with it. Cheers.