Good for replacing textboooks?

anon36845

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I haven't posted here before, but I am probably going to be getting the Xoom soon...

I'm going to college and it would be really nice to replace those heavy textbooks with just a tablet. Are there any apps, apps in the works, or web-based sites that are tablet friendly that make this a feasible option?

the KNO tablets seemed interesting but I hear they aren't actually going to be producing them and i guess are focusing on the software side (which kind of answers my question). But is there anything right now that would work?

Either way I am getting it because it is everything I need from a tablet, but just curious if anyone knows...

Also if this is the wrong section, sorry I'm new lol

sankeyr

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Redirect looks like its going to be your best bet right now. I also got my xoom in hopes that I can put all of my textbooks on here. They have an I pad app right now so I am hoping they will be working on an android app here soon. Hope that helps. Maybe someone will have more info than myself.

Natai

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
We got a Xoom for my wife largely for school. She has electronic (pdf I think) versions of three of her textbooks this semster alone. She already moved them over and will be carrying a lighter load starting this week. Also, if any of your books are available on Kindle or Nook, those are easy via apps.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you check barnes and noble in their nook app any of the text books available in their student section should work on here too.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm also considering this a good replacement (and toy :p) for my textbooks. It's be great for school seeing as how I could take notes with it as well. I played with one today at VZW and I fell in love with the tab. It was so well designed and easy to carry around. I loved the Honeycomb UI also, itkicks the Ipad in the face

Natai

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to my wife. She says she got most of her textbooks from ecampus.com.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC