Good "Safe" apps for the PHOTON?

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
what are some good safe apps for the photon because i recently got this phone (im new to the android world) and i started to download apps and apparently some apps cause your phone to brick, which happened to me, so any info would help me get my photon "pimped out" lol. im NOT rooted. thanks in advance.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Good "Safe" apps for the PHOTON??

I don't think any apps found on the market will brick your phone, but maybe you aren't using the term "brick" correctly. Some apps may cause abnormal activity, like crashes, reboots or your phone never sleeping and eating up battery. Bricking means your phone is dead and completely unresponsive, basically as useful as a brick. You can really only realistically expect this when flashing a ROM.

If you are new to android download a few apps a day and see if your phone responds adversely. The worst problems I have seen with the Photon are a few apps cut off at the bottom, only using like 60% of the screen. Those have since been updated with "Fixes for Atrix" which solved the problem for the Photon as well.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

An app from the Market that bricked your phone without it being rooted? Care to share which one? I didn't know this was possible. Bricked phone means that the phone is just a paper weight, and it is impossible to bring the phone into a usable state.

Safe apps, all Google apps are safe from bricking your phone.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

I have never heard of any Google apps causing a phone to "brick"

Some apps not updated for use with Gingerbread, would cause the MoPho to be unresponsive, and not look right due to the MoPho screen resolution, but never brick the MoPho.....

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it happened to me and i went to sprint and they had to hard reset and they said it was caused by one of the apps and didnt know which one. And yes i know what the term "bricked" means lol

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What you mean is that an app "locked" up your phone. If they could could hard reset back to normal, it was most likely not "bricked".

But pretty much all the apps are safe cept for a few errant ones that haven't been caught by the google monsters yet. Before you DL any apps....read the comments about the app first then make a decision.

liggy

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, look at the ratings and comments at Appbrain. That site is easier to navigate then Market and it pulls those comments in too I understand. Don't just read the last five ratings/comments, go back a while to get an impression on what's been happening. See how often it gets updated, compare it to similar programs. Stay away from publishers that seem to pump out apps en mass. Look at the permissions, do they make sense? Look at the publishers website; if it's very commercial, you usually stay away.
Use common sense and your gut.
Good luck!

Reactions: gilgastelum21

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pratyaksh