Goodbye Galaxy S3

Strommer

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Having just got the S3 as a replacement for a Gnex, I'm pretty happy with the reception. It does well in my house with the extender on (of course), and OK with it off. The Gnex was the reason I bought the extender, as it was positively the worst phone ever for reception. They sent me 4 refurbs, and all were the same. I got to where I would call VZ tech suppport on the crappy thing and they would tell me to call back on a phone that works.
Ref the Motorola phones- Before the Gnex I had a DroidX and it had excellent radios. This was before the extender and I could easily take calls in the basement, something no other smart phone has ever done, and we've had 11 of them.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Having just got the S3 as a replacement for a Gnex, I'm pretty happy with the reception. It does well in my house with the extender on (of course), and OK with it off. The Gnex was the reason I bought the extender, as it was positively the worst phone ever for reception. They sent me 4 refurbs, and all were the same. I got to where I would call VZ tech suppport on the crappy thing and they would tell me to call back on a phone that works.
Ref the Motorola phones- Before the Gnex I had a DroidX and it had excellent radios. This was before the extender and I could easily take calls in the basement, something no other smart phone has ever done, and we've had 11 of them.
I dealt with a GNEX for just less than 14 days, took it back and just flat ask for my money back as at that time there was not another phone they had I wanted. I can truly say it was the worst phone I ever owned. I do believe the GNEX will be the last NEXUS device on the VZW for Google. I kept using the Droid X until they came out with the S3 32gb and have been very happy with my S3. I am waiting on the S4 32gb but don't think I will ever see that on VZW, so may have my S3 for a while. Oh yes, I did have to pay a $35.00 restocking fee but I was glad to pay that just to get rid of that phone.