Google Assistant on phone not working 100%

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Before purchasing the Active 2 I reached out to Samsung to see if it would be compatible with Pixel 3 and was told it would be. Just got the Active 2 and it seems all is well and calls/texts seem to be working fine. Issue is when I try to use Google Assistant on my phone ... Only way it seems to work is when it is triggered by the voice command "Hey Google". I say "Hey Google set an alarm for tomorrow morning at 8 AM" and it recognizes and completes task. Try the same command but instead trigger G.A. by squeezing the sides of the phone, swiping from the corners of the screen or hitting the assistant icon on the home screen widget and it'll awake and listen but does not pick up anything I say. I disconnect the Active 2 and all methods of triggering G.A. work fine again.

I tried uninstalling Bixby thinking maybe there was a conflict, but no luck. Any ideas?

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, gotta love tech anomalies LOL So far this morning I'm having no issues with Assistant on my phone ... Go figure
You can't.
That's the kinda stuff that'll make you crazy.

Did you do anything, like clearing the phone's cache partician or app cache?

BTW, sometimes companies call those anomalies "features".

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You can't.
That's the kinda stuff that'll make you crazy.

Did you do anything, like clearing the phone's cache partician or app cache?

BTW, sometimes companies call those anomalies "features".
Nope, didn't do anything (I did reboot last night, bit still had the issue afterwards) ... Just decided to give it another try and it was working. Keep sporadically testing it throughout the day and no problems, so IDK. Maybe Google was having a n issue yesterday

All I know is I'll take it

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And just like that Google Assistant stopped working on my phone again LOL

This is most strange!!
You gotta love intermittent problems!

I wonder if it's a Rouge app.

Here's a thought...
Do you have Swift Installer color customization all installed?

I was having an issue where every time the Google app got an update, Google Assistant and Google Now news feed would not work.
It took me a while to figure out that Swift Installer had to push an update for the Google app because I had it themed, using Swift Installer.
I wrote the Dev and don't know if it helped, because he didn't reply, but he has gotten to the point of updating his app right after the Google app gets an update.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Negative, no theming apps at all.

Woke up this morning to a Google app update ... And Assistant stopped working again LOL.
Quoting again, in case you already read my last.
Since you say you had Bixby on your phone, check in default apps for which is selected as PHONE ASSISTANCE APP or something like that. Perhaps it's not Google.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Quoting again, in case you already read my last.
Since you say you had Bixby on your phone, check in default apps for which is selected as PHONE ASSISTANCE APP or something like that. Perhaps it's not Google.
Appreciate you sticking with me!

Only have Bixby on phone via the Wearable app. Looking at my phone's default and only Google shows up. Good thoughts though!!

Screenshot_20200118-132422.jpg

I agree it's a compatibly issue ... Thinking it may have something to do with Bluetooth and connecting with other devices (speaker, earpiece, car, etc).

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate you sticking with me!

Only have Bixby on phone via the Wearable app. Looking at my phone's default and only Google shows up. Good thoughts though!!

View attachment 315593

I agree it's a compatibly issue ... Thinking it may have something to do with Bluetooth and connecting with other devices (speaker, earpiece, car, etc).
There are many, many settings, inside the Google / Google Assistant app.
Cruise around in there and look for something that may be the culprit.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There are many, many settings, inside the Google / Google Assistant app.
Cruise around in there and look for something that may be the culprit.
Yeah, been scouring through various settings and such trying to figure this out ... Can't seem to find anything.

Think I'll just get the Galaxy Note 10 plus ... That'll solve it

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've never had the Google Assistant work consistently on any phone ever..... including my current pixel. And it's never worked consistently on anybody else's phone around me either, regardless of brand. When it works it's awesome..... but consistent it's not. I'm sure it's a server side issue of some type, I don't think the servers can keep up with demand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky