Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

DZCALI Khan

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
yes, but an iPhone is an iPhone is an iPhone, and I'm not interested in how Apple rolls out their updates.

All iPhones run the same OS so there will only be one variant of the uod6ated software. Almost every android phone is different meaning multiple variants meaning staged rollout.

Makes sense to me.

Patience guys. From.all the hype, assistant will be worth the wait

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard of any being updated with it yet. All the tech sites that said it would be this past week must have gotten some fake news. Maybe next week then...?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I really just want it to compare it to cortana. If I can't ask it questions and get verbal responses, I won't be using it.
Cortana is fantastic on windows phone but voice activation being disabled for android makes it somewhat pointless to use and more hassle IMO. This said, OK Google needs to work when in sleep mode. Hoping the assistant does. Much more functionality that way, Geez, I mean Apple can make it happen.

Last edited:

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
Because they've got to update 10s of millions of phones. They can't download to every phone at the same time. Patience, grasshopper.

but after almost 3 days, you'd think that at least someone must have gotten the Google Assistant update and reported it somewhere....

yet, there has been zero people reporting it so far.

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
This is true ^^ 3 days and I too don't know and havent seen anyone who has gotten the update anywhere on any device.... Maybe theres some issues with the roll out

D_Blumen

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
This is true ^^ 3 days and I too don't know and havent seen anyone who has gotten the update anywhere on any device.... Maybe theres some issues with the roll out

Or Google could make exceptions and release some non-Google devices to the media(such as AndroidCentral editor) for testing/reviewing?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I also have a Pixel XL and quit messing with assistant really fast. Fun little toy for a few minutes bit massively lacking in functionality so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid