Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Another way to do this is when Google Assistant comes up, just say "Open Google" . This will open the Google app with the search/cards you are used to. Still an extra step to get there that wasn't there before....

Trekker3000

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Make sure that your Device Assistance App in Default Applications is set to Google App.

Mine was set to Home Launcher so I could press the home button to immediately activate voice control.

I had completely forgotten about this until this morning when I went into the Google App settings and saw all the options for Assistant.

I wonder how long I've had Assistant and not realized? I'm in the UK.

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
OK GUYS I JUST DOWNLOADED GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!

That's right... I DOWNLOADED it!!

Well not the assisyant itself but I went to apkmirror and downloaded the very latest version of the Google app!!! Since the announcement I've been constantly checking the version of the Google app that I have and it was (6.14.16.21.arm64) I think that number (64) means that its a BETA and does not contain the assistant. But I went to apkmirror and downloaded (6.14.16.21.arm) without that number 64 at the end and presto! The Google assistant is part of the initial setup! So if you want the assisyant and can't wait here's your golden nugget!! Cheers!

DZCALI Khan

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
Arm64 is your processor type in your phone. Removing the 64 simply means you are now running a version of the app for any arm device. Ie not optimized for the arm64 processor in your device.

The beta version of the app has a different set of numbers at or near the beginning

Lowgybear3

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Arm64 is your processor type in your phone. Removing the 64 simply means you are now running a version of the app for any arm device. Ie not optimized for the arm64 processor in your device.

The beta version of the app has a different set of numbers at or near the beginning

Well it worked, just trying to let everyone know. Apkmirror has it and it has assistant.

Blue Tiger

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
How to get the Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

Hey left4dead,
The Google Assistant isn't an update, well at least it wasn't for me. It's really simple to do
Step 1. On your S7, go to the google app.
Step 2. Tap the menu bar (The three lines on the top right corner) and go to settings.
Step 3. In the setting menu, go down to voice and change the language from your language to English US
Step 4. Restart your phone
Step 4. Hold the home button until you see, New! You just got the Google Assistant, and go through the setup and tutorial
Also, you can now change your language back to your original language and it should still be there :D!!
Hope this helps!!

Last edited:

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get the Google Assistant Update for S7 (where is it?)

Hey left4dead,
The Google Assistant isn't an update, well at least it wasn't for me. It's really simple to do
Step 1. On your S7, go to the google app.
Step 2. Tap the menu bar (The three lines on the top right corner) and go to settings.
Step 3. In the setting menu, go down to voice and change the language from your language to English US
Step 4. Restart your phone
Step 4. Hold the home button until you see, New! You just got the Google Assistant, and go through the setup and tutorial
Also, change your language until google have set up google assistant for other languages
Hope this helps!!
Well I'll be. That worked! I'm in Canada and just set everything to English US and did a restart!

The one thing that I was hoping would change didn't though. Anything to do with your agenda only shows your actual account entries. For me this doesn't help because I subscribe to many calendars into my account. I was hoping it would help me with all of my calendars but it is the same as Google Now in that regard.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
If I add an old Gmail account that I no longer use to my accounts I have Google Assistant. If I delete it or goes away. My newer account doesn't seem to have received it yet no matter I do.

Iaan Butler

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys if you go into Google settings and change the language to US English this has forced the Google assistant to launch in my S7 Edge UK phone. I then changed it back to UK English and Google assistant remained active, problem solved. :)