Google Assistant will not make calls from the lock screen

wmreed76xlh

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Up until today I had no problem making calls, replying to text or creating a new text while my phone was locked. Now I can't do any of this. I can still ask what time it is or tell it to read me a text message and it's functions fine from the lock screen but it seems anything's outgoing such as call Bestie or text Trixie or reply when trying to reply I get sorry I can't help with that or I don't know how to do that. Anybody got any ideas?
In the past I have occasionally gotten a message saying I would have to authorize using the phone from the lock screen when it was safe but I'm not getting that now either.

I have no interest in unlocking the phone with my voice by saying OK Google. That's not what I'm trying to do I'm trying to be able to make calls and send text over the headset without having to get my phone out and unlock it or have it unlocked in my pocket.

Dldispain

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
I was having the same issue. If using a Bluetooth device make sure you make it a trusted device. I checked my headset as a trusted device and voila... Problem resolved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp