Google Games

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I saw this on the home blog site: https://www.androidcentral.com/gaming/stadia-is-dead-will-googles-new-pc-gaming-app-do-better

And honestly, I only skimmed it. But my answer to the page subtitle question: Will Google kill it too?

A: Yes.

Google almost has too much of a knee jerk reaction to stop development on anything. We can look to the how many iterations of messaging services Google has tried to launch. Even now, I am always half wondering when they will kill development for Keep, or some of the other services I like.

As for Google Games....I don't think it has much of a chance of living. Between Google's favorite hobby of stopping services, and they are far too late to enter the gaming sphere to really be a competitor, it will probably be halted.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know that there was a Google Games.

I'm not going to try it, since I don't play any mobile games but like PC games. My sources for PC games are: Steam, Epic, and GOG.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know that there was a Google Games.

I'm not going to try it, since I don't play any mobile games but like PC games. My sources for PC games are: Steam, Epic, and GOG.

The install process involves making a change in the BIOS/UEFI. Right now, i have one game on Android that I would want to play on PC: Final Fantasy Tactics. There's a couple reasons I'm not sure I want to do it: 1. It's for only one game. 2. Googles notoriety for killing projects.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The install process involves making a change in the BIOS/UEFI. Right now, i have one game on Android that I would want to play on PC: Final Fantasy Tactics. There's a couple reasons I'm not sure I want to do it: 1. It's for only one game. 2. Googles notoriety for killing projects.
Is this something that depends on the motherboard? Mine is a B550 from Asrock. I've seen a new BIOS version recommended for Nvidia graphics cards, but mine is a Radeon graphics card. I don't see anything about flashing the BIOS for Google Games.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is this something that depends on the motherboard? Mine is a B550 from Asrock. I've seen a new BIOS version recommended for Nvidia graphics cards, but mine is a Radeon graphics card. I don't see anything about flashing the BIOS for Google Games.

Had to double check what is was:

• Hardware virtualization must be turned on

I find it odd to make a change like that. I'm not saying that I don't trust it, but at the same time, I don't like doing BIOS changes just for funsies, either.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Had to double check what is was:

• Hardware virtualization must be turned on

I find it odd to make a change like that. I'm not saying that I don't trust it, but at the same time, I don't like doing BIOS changes just for funsies, either.
Thanks. I undervolted and overclocked my CPU, but otherwise I'm not going to do anything else in BIOS. Everything is running good and stable how I have it. So no more BIOS changes for me either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12