Google I/O: "Moto 360 available later in the summer". Seriously?!?!?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This is funny, having to wait a couple of months for something of quality & elegant design is so terrible. The reason those other watches are out now it's because they are the same ol' same ol'. They are just another square Nerdy looking smart watch. I can wait a few more months to have the look, features and quality that I want to spend my hard earned money on rather than settling for one of the "look at me I'm first with an uninspiring design" smart watches.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree. Its rivals are on sale, shipping in less than two weeks, and all anyone seems to want to talk about is the Moto 360. Love it or hate it, I have a suspicion that- barring some significant misstep- this thing is going to be huge.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There have been been rumors tossed around that they're waiting to co-launch it at their own event together with the Moto X+1. The X was launched late August last year, so it could be plausible that the refresh is coming up and they want to have their own marketing/press event separate from IO to launch it, since IO is really a developer conference, not a consumer electronics event.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Plus Apple is rumored to be unveiling a watch at their September event....how bout a Moto 360 release a few days before that completely steals the spotlight?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Plus Apple is rumored to be unveiling a watch at their September event....how bout a Moto 360 release a few days before that completely steals the spotlight?

Nothing will completely steal the spotlight of an iWatch announcement. Few in the Apple ecosystem will be distracted by something that doesn't work with their iPhones, and few interested in the Moto 360 will be distracted by an iWatch that almost certainly won't work with their Android phones.

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Motorola is doing a superb job of keeping quiet about specs and a release date/ event. Very anxious to hear more.

Posted via Android Central App

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like they would sell more if they got it out now vs closer to any iwatch announcement. Unless Moto thinks it can piggyback off of it.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like they would sell more if they got it out now vs closer to any iwatch announcement. Unless Moto thinks it can piggyback off of it.

I doubt the delay has anything to do with the iWatch. I expect they're either making sure they do a proper job with design/testing, or they need the time to manufacture some starting inventory, or they're waiting to launch it with other Moto product(s).

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the delay has anything to do with the iWatch. I expect they're either making sure they do a proper job with design/testing, or they need the time to manufacture some starting inventory, or they're waiting to launch it with other Moto product(s).

Total guess but I feel like they are building up inventory because it has gained so much attention. Most android sites are saying it's the one to get/wait for already.

I would rather they take a few extra weeks to get more produced than a cluster *&$# of people slamming the F5 key with a small supply in stock. I honestly would not mind it a bit if there was a pre-order for a mid-September launch. That way I can reserve one and not worry about it. That would make the time go by much easier.

Just my thoughts...

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It's not uncommon nowadays to see lengthy pre-orders for products; I pre-ordered a set of "The Dash" earphones from German company Bragi in July and shipping isn't until next year! (there's no charge to the credit card other than a "pending purchase" on the statement).

Maybe we will see something appear on the Play Store soon for pre-orders. It always struck me as unusual that the web designer left the devices page asymmetric. Almost like there's a space waiting for a link to a third device...

AW asymmetric.jpg

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Heh, thanks. :)

Sort of OT but not wishing to start a new thread on trivia -- is the image on Play Store location aware? My image of the LG G Watch has the flight information displayed as Sydney to London Heathrow (SYD - LHR); is that clever coding because I'm in Sydney, or do you all see it? Not sure how I could check, short of travelling to another big city.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It always struck me as unusual that the web designer left the devices page asymmetric. Almost like there's a space waiting for a link to a third device...
Haha so even though the Devices page on Play Store has been like my screenshot above for a couple of months, the very day after I post about it el Goog plugs the hole with the G Watch charging cradle!

Screenshot 2.jpg

Maybe if I post something like "When oh when is Motorola going to get off their butts and release that blasted Moto 360?" it will come out the next day...

Last edited:

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping to have it by time I went on vacation. Still hopeful that it will be around before the school year at least. Keeps looking nicer with leaks...