Google is completely imcompetent at new phone launched!!!

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if customers are willing to shell out almost $1,000 for a phone, making them wait over a month for their phones is not a way to keep their business. Yes, I know Apple has similar problems, but Apple gets away with it because they're Apple. Other device manufacturers don't have the luxury of behaving as entitled to customers like Apple.

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if customers are willing to shell out almost $1,000 for a phone, making them wait over a month for their phones is not a way to keep their business. Yes, I know Apple has similar problems, but Apple gets away with it because they're Apple. Other device manufacturers don't have the luxury of behaving as entitled to customers like Apple.

I'm not sure you understand how a preorder works.

Desertnate

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This is how pre-orders work, and the lack of availability for some shows how successful it is.

Today was the release date, that hasn't been a secret. No body except for select media outlets and the guys in Australia whose provider jumped the gun on shipping received their phones until yesterday or today. For those of us who waited a few days after the pre-order window opened before pulling the trigger, we get in line behind those ahead of us. I'm just impressed Google's ordering system didn't crash like Apple's frequently does when a new OS is available or a popular device is available for pre-order.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
This is how pre-orders work, and the lack of availability for some shows how successful it is.

Today was the release date, that hasn't been a secret. No body except for select media outlets and the guys in Australia whose provider jumped the gun on shipping received their phones until yesterday or today. For those of us who waited a few days after the pre-order window opened before pulling the trigger, we get in line behind those ahead of us. I'm just impressed Google's ordering system didn't crash like Apple's frequently does when a new OS is available or a popular device is available for pre-order.

Apples site crashes because they have MILLIONS of people pre-ordering. That overloads the servers and they go down. Almost any company who has that turn out will have some hiccups.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

The purpose of pre-ordering is to ensure your device is available for you on launch day. Why bother pre-ordering if you have to wait just a long as the people who didn't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome