Google Maps being sluggish..

TmoodAndroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S6 Edge for a week. I love the phone but I found myself most frustrated with two things:

1) The phone heating up (which I'm addressing on another thread)

2) Google Maps - the focus of this thread.

I noticed that the app is quite sluggish. For a phone that's a week old and buttery smooth - I felt that it wasn't handling Google Maps quite well. I wanted to compare note and see everyone else's experience.

For me, it was basically slow -- on occasion, when attempting to type in an address or point of interest, it would take a while for the keyboard to show up. When I use the search query for something, view the map to see the result, then go back to the search query do a new search - it get slow at that point as well.

This happens mostly in the afternoon and evening after a full day of usage. The battery would be maybe 40-60% at that point and I've used multitude of apps: mostly Reddit Sync, News Republic, Camera, or Chrome..

:-\

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had the S6 Edge for a week. I love the phone but I found myself most frustrated with two things:

1) The phone heating up (which I'm addressing on another thread)

2) Google Maps - the focus of this thread.

I noticed that the app is quite sluggish. For a phone that's a week old and buttery smooth - I felt that it wasn't handling Google Maps quite well. I wanted to compare note and see everyone else's experience.

For me, it was basically slow -- on occasion, when attempting to type in an address or point of interest, it would take a while for the keyboard to show up. When I use the search query for something, view the map to see the result, then go back to the search query do a new search - it get slow at that point as well.

This happens mostly in the afternoon and evening after a full day of usage. The battery would be maybe 40-60% at that point and I've used multitude of apps: mostly Reddit Sync, News Republic, Camera, or Chrome..

:-\

carrier???

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I notice similar behavior and I mainly use it while on wifi connections. I'm just guessing but I feel like once more data is cached from using maps, it may speed up learning / caching the various areas in which you search.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issues with my Note 4. Google Maps is really laggy and feels like it is running on an old phone.

Posted via the Android Central App