Google Nexus 6 Battery life

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I took the phone off the charger maybe 20 minutes ago. Down to 80% battery life. Sigh
c3fbd9efc8a6dbb40cff8edcea3b776d.jpg

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Battery life

All things being equal, I'm assuming (read, hoping) this is an optimization problem that can be fixed with updates. Volta was supposed to beef up standby time, but I'm hearing enough general complaints about battery life from users and reviewers to give me pause.

N5/1+1

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

All things being equal, I'm assuming (read, hoping) this is an optimization problem that can be fixed with updates. Volta was supposed to beef up standby time, but I'm hearing enough general complaints about battery life from users and reviewers to give me pause.

N5/1+1

After a full week I'm between 12 - 17 hours on battery with between 3 - 5:30 screen on with my Nexus 6... adaptive brightness on and at 50%.. I keep Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and location on at all times and am on Wi-Fi about 1/2 the day..

Double what I use to get on the 5, but not exactly super stellar battery life...

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. It just "feels" like with additional optimizations we should see increased life out of this beast.

Posted via the Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

The battery is definitely not the greatest. I took my Iphone 6 Plus and Nexus 6 off their chargers this morning around the same time (the Iphone actually came off a little sooner. The Nexus wasn't totally charged so I put it in my car dock on the way to the grocery store this morning.

Right now the Iphone is at 100% and the Nexus is at 65% I have used the Nexus more, but only about 28 minutes of screen time. The Iphone has 28 minutes of usage.

Happy thanksgiving to you all who celebrate it.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Why? All it would've said is 80% battery life and how much time is left.

The time left portion is useless anyways.

I think nicka wants to know your screen time.

yeah, I'm returning the nexus myself. got my opo yesterday and couldn't put it down. battery life is so good currently I have 3 hrs screen on time and still have 60% battery life left. phone is also a lot easier to hold. it's weird that I'm not using a Nexus. been using Nexus since the nexus S, but I'm just so tired of having a phone with weak battery. and anything over 5.5 in is just too big for me.

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I think nicka wants to know your screen time.

yeah, I'm returning the nexus myself. got my opo yesterday and couldn't put it down. battery life is so good currently I have 3 hrs screen on time and still have 60% battery life left. phone is also a lot easier to hold. it's weird that I'm not using a Nexus. been using Nexus since the nexus S, but I'm just so tired of having a phone with weak battery. and anything over 5.5 in is just too big for me.

I agree its weird to hold, when I pick up my iPhone it definitely feels better,however I love the design of lollipop and I just couldn't see myself getting another Samsung phone.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

I agree its weird to hold, when I pick up my iPhone it definitely feels better,however I love the design of lollipop and I just couldn't see myself getting another Samsung phone.

Samsung? which Samsung?
yeah, I do love lollipop, but I'm sure the oneplus one will get it soon. with all the different customization on the oneplus one, I don't mind waiting a little longer for lollipop.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Hm, yeah the battery life def isn't the greatest. I took my phone off the charger around 11am its now 3:31pm here and the battery has went from 100 to 73 percent. Im on WiFi And also been using apps like Facebook and lumyia

From Nexus 6

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Just do it. Do you want help troubleshooting your battery or not?

Even without tapping on it you can see cell stand by at the top of his list using the most battery.
So you're radios aren't off or something dude.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I went 24 hours with just over 3 hours OST and still had about 18% left which also included about an hour of music streaming. Coming from a Maxx, I am satisfied with the battery life.