Google Nexus 6 So excited I had to post something

JMaster299

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I am in no way an Apple fanboy, but stuck with the iPhone platform for so long because of my extensive iTunes library. Which long predates the existence of an iPhone. The few thousand dollars I've spent over that last 10+ years on movies, TV shows, apps, etc, is not enough to make me willing to put up with Apple any more.

With that said, I placed my order for my first ever Android phone, and it was the Nexus 6.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: So excited I had to post something

The. N6 will be my 2nd android phone. said I would never go back to android after my s3 experince ( I tossed that phone against a wall it was such a pos). I think the only thing you will notice from ios to droid is texing which I would say is prob still better on ios. And battery life let's face it Apple has always had great battery life. I get my n6 on dex 2nd cant wait

JMaster299

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

I may have never owned an Android phone myself, but have enough experience with to know your issue with the S3 was due it being Samsung's broken version of Android, and not Android itself.

My current dislike for Apple has more to do with their horrible decisions and policies as a company and less to do with their products. For a very long time the iPhones have had a known defect with the lock button. The thin internal membrane eventually breaks, yet they refuse to repair any iPhone except a iPhone 5 or new with this defect. iTunes has been redesigned of the last year or so to make it a nightmare to use. There is no way to rip a CD into iTunes unless iTunes prompts you to do so when you insert the disc, and for over a year now it refuses to automatically back up the apps on from my phone.

I could spend all night complaining, but Apple basically treats their customers like idiots, and I'm done with that. That plus the huge lack of features, I just can't bring myself to buy their products any more. But, because of how much they dumb down their ease of us, I still recommend them to my technologically challenged family members.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

With that said, I placed my order for my first ever Android phone, and it was the Nexus 6.

Welcome to the Rebellion and great choice of device to do it with.
When you switch, review this: Switch to Android
It makes the transition much easier.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I am in no way an Apple fanboy, but stuck with the iPhone platform for so long because of my extensive iTunes library. Which long predates the existence of an iPhone. The few thousand dollars I've spent over that last 10+ years on movies, TV shows, apps, etc, is not enough to make me willing to put up with Apple any more.

Good luck, and i hope that you have large hands. When i saw the N6, i immediately bought an N5.:p

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Android has had large devices for some time now. Some OEM know how to compact the larger device better than others. Good luck with your Android device. Give yourself adequate time to learn the os.

Posted via the Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Good luck, and i hope that you have large hands. When i saw the N6, i immediately bought an N5.:p

And when I saw the N6, I immediately bought it and gave my wife my N5. (She prefers the N5 with her tiny hands.)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

The. N6 will be my 2nd android phone. said I would never go back to android after my s3 experince ( I tossed that phone against a wall it was such a pos). I think the only thing you will notice from ios to droid is texing which I would say is prob still better on ios. And battery life let's face it Apple has always had great battery life. I get my n6 on dex 2nd cant wait

Omg I thought I was the only one that thought the s3 was a POS. Hated that phone.

JMaster299

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site

Phone finally arrived a little after 7pm last night. I'm almost in tears, happy tears, over my new phone. Easy to use/navigate, thanks to stock Android, and sooooooooo many features. Widgets and Live Wallpaper being two of my favorites so far. It will take days, maybe even weeks, to discover everything.

No default support for using music as ringtones, but downloaded a file manager to take care of that. After using my new Nexus 6 for an hour, picking up my old iPhone 4s felt like a joke. I seriously laughed at how pathetic it felt in my hands. The Nexus 6 is big, and requires two hands to use for the most part, but I am totally ok with that.

For my first Android phone, I couldn't be happier.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to buy my N6! As an S3 owner, I admittedly have never been frustrated enough to throw mine against the wall (in fact, I quite enjoyed my experience), but I'm growing awfully tired of Samsung's complacency and ready for something bigger and better.

Apple does churn out a decent product, but they do not trust their consumers enough to allow them to make decisions on their own. iPhone users buy into the Apple framework because Apple forces it down their throats. I have no qualms saying this because it's not difficult to see if you're in the US or Canada. But then again, the vast majority of people only want technology to work - they have little desire to question what's in front of them or look for something more, and as a result, I think a lot of people are stuck on iOS thinking that there's nothing better when they've yet to give Android a try (or equate poor experiences with early versions of Android to poor experiences today).

Posted via Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Omg I thought I was the only one that thought the s3 was a POS. Hated that phone

Having come to it from another Galaxy phone, I had come to be familiar with the abomination that was Touchwiz.... When I got my SIII, I left it stock for a few days and it reinforced my opinion about TW (I can feel the bile rise just thinking about it).... now, if I had ended there, I probably would have hated the phone as well... but I ended up loading Paranoid Android 3.99 on it (everything PA has done since that release has been a hot mess, IMHO). Night and day... within minutes I realized that the S3 did not, in fact, suck donkey d... it was actually a great phone crippled by horrible software.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Having come to it from another Galaxy phone, I had come to be familiar with the abomination that was Touchwiz.... When I got my SIII, I left it stock for a few days and it reinforced my opinion about TW (I can feel the bile rise just thinking about it).... now, if I had ended there, I probably would have hated the phone as well... but I ended up loading Paranoid Android 3.99 on it (everything PA has done since that release has been a hot mess, IMHO). Night and day... within minutes I realized that the S3 did not, in fact, suck donkey d... it was actually a great phone crippled by horrible software.

Touchwiz on the s3 was so slow and hideous. Couldn't stand it lol. Glad it was a work phone and not my device.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's why I gravitated to nexus phones. When I got my Nexus 5, a light shown through the clouds. Now the 6 feels like a nexus 5 after some serious PEDs.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I started with a Nexus 5. Then I had to have a Nexus 7. Now that I have the Nexus 6, I've put a Nexus 9 on my Christmas list aka Amazon Wish List. There's no going back now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Comviq