Google Nexus 6 Who's fed up with the delays?

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else fed up with the delays. I'm about ready to just go try a note 4 and be done with it. Anyone else feeling the same way?

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Who's fed up with this?

Not really 11/5 orders are shipping and in some hands as we speak, you can go down to you local tmob store and pick up a 32 for 649. + tax, if it is turly unlocked there you go.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I would say I was until last night I got my shipped email @ 1am est and I jumped out of my chair at the bar. Only drawing a few odd looks from co-workers and my gf

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I could probably get an iPhone 6 Plus quicker than me getting my 32 GB phone that I ordered from Motorola on 11/12. I feel with the time that's already passed I should have it in my hands by now. I'm not being impatient I'm just saying. The sad thing is I'm all excited right now but will quickly get tired of the phone and be ready to move on soon after receiving it.

Right now the 2014 Moto X is looking pretty nice. I have one in my shopping cart right now just not sure if I want to pull the trigger on it. I'm coming from a S5 and before that the S4.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

I ordered a week ago, projected delivery date of 12/09.

To be honest, if Motorola had a TON of stock sitting around before passing FCC regulations, they would have been dumb for it.

That being said, I'm happy that I had only a four week wait. I'm counting down with the Countdown Widget app from the Play Store on my S4, patiently waiting.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I've waited this long, so I can keep waiting. This is my first experience with a Nexus device, and I must say I am very unimpressed. It feels like going to a restaurant where you know you love the food but having to wait and wait to be served. Complaints are totally ignored and they continue as if there is nothing out of the ordinary..It wouldn't be so bad if they'd explain they are short two cooks that night or had a small kitchen fire, or mentioned some other thing that went wrong. If they indicated some empathy for my situation, I'd understand and probably continue to wait as patiently as I could for my meal. Likewise, if Google/Motorola had more clear, precise pre-order, order, and shipping information up front, it would have been better. If they could not follow through as they said they would, then a simple explanation would be in order. While I wouldn't like it, it would have even been better if they offered an explanation that certain deadlines were not met in production, or whatever, and they now think it will be at least x amount of days or weeks before they can proceed. Unfortunately, a lot of companies today seem to operate on the premise that we need them, not the other way around, so no need to explain anything. They seem confident that the majority of us will still be waiting when they deign to take our money.

So, yes, I have definitely cooled off when it comes to getting the N6. I have been researching other options, but will probably stick with the N6. At this point, I'm concerned, though, so I have decided to wait until the phones are in users' hands for a while and see what reports start coming out about the phone. Even if I had the opportunity to buy one today or tomorrow, I wouldn't at this point. If they bungled the release, maybe they also rushed the phones in production, so I'll just wait and hear some reports first. Bottom line---I'm not "fed up," but I am more skeptical.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else fed up with the delays. I'm about ready to just go try a note 4 and be done with it. Anyone else feeling the same way?

I think in the next 7 - 14 days these things are going to flow without a problem.. I still firmly believe they rushed this and it wasn't remotely ready for a mass release. easy to look back but they should have announced on October 31 like they did last year and started taking preorders around right now with delivery for early December...... Would have saved a ton of headache.... (or heartache)

Shipping emails with tracking numbers solve a lot of problems.... and out for delivery solves even more...

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not worried about delays from Google it is the one from Verizon that ticks me off! I know it isn't the trying to get it right unless they are trying to broker a deal to get their bloat in them without the option to remove it. Then it will be only right for them!

Posted via the Android Central App

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

I think in the next 7 - 14 days these things are going to flow without a problem.. I still firmly believe they rushed this and it wasn't remotely ready for a mass release. easy to look back but they should have announced on October 31 like they did last year and started taking preorders around right now with delivery for early December...... Would have saved a ton of headache.... (or heartache)

Shipping emails with tracking numbers solve a lot of problems.... and out for delivery solves even more...

For nobody wanting this phone because it is "too big", these things are hard to come by.

Source: Just about every review website.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Ya I'm guessing something is srsly wrong with the phone and they tried to patch it. Maybe they did or didn't but. This just seems a little fishy

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Ya I'm guessing something is srsly wrong with the phone and they tried to patch it. Maybe they did or didn't but. This just seems a little fishy

I don't think anything is wrong with the phone. I think it has more to do with poor planning and/or manufacturing delays. Motorola released 3 phones within about 2 months so I would imagine that is pushing their manufacturing capacity to the limits. Just my $0.02.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

It's not like they had to make a lot of n6. People outside this website don't even know what a nexus phone is. Ok ok there might be another what?? 50k people. That really is nothing

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Delays are temporary... Buying your second-choice phone is not so temporary. Think of it this way...

If you wait for the Nexus 6, in a few weeks (or less) you'll have one and the "delays" will just be a memory.
If you go with your second choice, in a few weeks (and probably for many many weeks to come) you'll have your second choice phone and possibly wishing you'd just waited.

mrdapper5

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

If I was able to pre-order a 64gb I wouldn't be frustrated. I wouldn't even mind the delay, but I just want to be able to get through a pre-order on the Play Store or through Motorola. Just get me in first!

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Delays are temporary... Buying your second-choice phone is not so temporary. Think of it this way...

If you wait for the Nexus 6, in a few weeks (or less) you'll have one and the "delays" will just be a memory.
If you go with your second choice, in a few weeks (and probably for many many weeks to come) you'll have your second choice phone and possibly wishing you'd just waited.

Well said. Much more persuasive than, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."

As mentioned above, I am very irritated with the process, but not going to give up on it without a very persuasive reason (i.e., discovering another phone that I'm convinced would fit my needs better or finding a fatal flaw in the N6 which makes it unacceptable to me). I'm not waiting around because I think Google or Motorola are such great companies or because of anything they've done along the way to present and market this phone, but because so far it's at the top of the list of phones that I think would work for me. Separating my emotional reaction to the fiasco of the N6 rollout, it's just good decision-making.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

It's a phone. Far more important other **** to do then worry about why it hasn't arrived yet. And even so, it's not like you can do anything to speed up the process anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao