Google Now not playing nice with my smartwatch, how can I get them to like each other?

A

AC Question

Google now not playing nice with my smartwatch

Got the Motorola 360 (2nd gen) yesterday. I have it all updated and setup the only weird issue im having is with the Google Now app. When I first setup the watch it kept telling me that I had to download Google play services, despite the fact that my phone is an S7 edge with all apps up to date (I don't think this is about old hardware). So i reset the watch a few times, rebooted my phone etc, all note taking apps work fine (for the most part.). The most profound problem I've encountered is when i get a notification card for a reminder through Google now, I try to select the reminder as "Done", but what happens is the watch will show an 'offline cloud' symbol, the watch then goes into the 'reminders' app which happily lets me manage reminders. I think its whats also stopping me from receiving self-made reminders through my watch, which is honestly hit and miss.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google now not playing nice with my smartwatch

If you just bought it and have done several resets, I'd actually leave it alone for a day or two. Apps and notifications can take some time to sync, and on different schedules, when you first start the watch.
So give it a while and report back.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I got mine a couple weeks ago and use with my S7. It works great now but the first couple of hours were frustrating with connectivity issues including wifi. Things got better after the OS update to 6.0.1 (which took forever to download) and maybe just leaving it alone for a while. I did get the google play services error but can't remember what I was doing at the time or if it was before or after the OS update. I just ignored it. I wish the watch had some kind of indicator (or on the phone) to tell you it is syncing apps or data. I download an app or set a watch face on the phone and you just sit there staring at the watch until you get the pop-up it's done. Last night I put the watch on the charger and a minute later I noticed it rebooted. I assume it installed some update that required rebooting but I have no clue what it was and don't know if there's anywhere to look for a log of what happened. I hope it wasn't a crash that caused the reboot, I haven't noticed it happening any other time so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon jon