Google Pixel 2

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I am rocking an old Motorola Droid, I almost got am S6, then S7, then Pixel. For me, Battery, size (fits in my pocket easy/can use with one hand) and water proofing are the big things. I have said this for years....seems like Apple gets it....gonna stick with an Android and hope that next year somebody figures this out! I wonder who it will be?

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I am rocking an old Motorola Droid, I almost got am S6, then S7, then Pixel. For me, Battery, size (fits in my pocket easy/can use with one hand) and water proofing are the big things. I have said this for years....seems like Apple gets it....gonna stick with an Android and hope that next year somebody figures this out! I wonder who it will be?

Microsoft maybe....

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow! So cool! And I like the notion of a "budget Pixel." :)

Ditto. I've had a Nexus One, 4, 5 and now a 5x. Hopefully the Pixel 2B fills the Nexus gap. It's a shame that the second tier OEMs can't see the gap left by the death of Nexus and offer an unlocked phone with a pure Android experience and timely OS updates.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. I've had a Nexus One, 4, 5 and now a 5x. Hopefully the Pixel 2B fills the Nexus gap. It's a shame that the second tier OEMs can't see the gap left by the death of Nexus and offer an unlocked phone with a pure Android experience and timely OS updates.

I couldn't agree with you more! I had the Nexus 5 as my first introduction to Android, and loved it! Hope they fill the "Nexus gap" soon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There's no money in timely OS updates.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The article is kind of bland and doesn't say much -- Of course the next gen of a phone should have a better CPU and possibly better camera. That is kind of always known. I was hoping for some more interesting details :(.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I personally find that Nexus is a better name than pixel too. I wish Google kept the Nexus brand as a kind of midrange Android One kind of thing. Phones are created by OEMs while software and updates are handled by Google.
That would mean that:
  • Android One: Entry level.
  • Nexus: Mid range
  • Pixel: Premium segment
I personally feel that current mid range devices are excellent, and that high end specs are no longer necessary to get a good experience. I would love to have Xiaomi hardware with vanilla Android for example.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am still undecided if I should wait for Pixel XL 2 or get Mate 9 now
I am Nexus fan and not happy with Google ending update after 2 years
Maybe I should go back to my old habit a new phone every 6 months :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuclei