Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

bmoguy

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of Google customers getting shipment notifications, has anyone from Verizon gotten anything yet? I got my Order Confirmation 6pm on the 4th for a 128gb Quite Black, and haven't seen any movement.
Yep, Silver XL 128gb. Shipped yesterday, started about 5 1/2 hours south of me, today it's about 4 1/2 hours north of me. They should home in on me tomorrow for delivery. Maybe if I'd popped for that expedited delivery they would have dropped it off on the way north. :)

myeatts7

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on 10/5 through my Fi account. Order went from Pending to Processing overnight and my card was charged. Estimated delivery still 10/26-28.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Seeing people that ordered after me, getting their orders before me......

View attachment 242782

Seems to happen every year.... in years past it always seems that Google ships the "Free shipping" orders first and then a couple of days later ship the upgraded next day shipping orders and they all arrive around the same time. Which totally defeats the purpose of next day shipping upgrade...

jermehr

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Has anybody's Google Store order shipped yet? Mine is in Processing (128GB Silver ordered on 10/4 maybe 30 minutes after the announcement)

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thankfully, it looks like I won't have to call my bank again to reapprove the charge like I was worried about, as the funds have now been put back on hold and my order status is showing as "Processing". For those keeping track, I ordered through Google the day it became available to order, and I got a black XL 128GB.

Kinda starting to wish I'd sprung for quicker shipping, though, but eh, it won't kill me to continue using my current phone for another week or so.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who regrets not getting expedited shipping, most of the US is a 1- to 3-day zone for FedEx and UPS based on the shipping warehouses (at least Google's warehouses, though I bet Verizon is similar). I used to be in the shipping business and expedited shipping is often unnecessary depending on where it's shipped.

For example, we shipped UPS Ground packages to New Jersey, the Philadelphia region, Delaware, Virginia, etc. and they arrived next day.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of Google customers getting shipment notifications, has anyone from Verizon gotten anything yet? I got my Order Confirmation 6pm on the 4th for a 128gb Quite Black, and haven't seen any movement.
I don't think anyone that has ordered from Google has gotten a shipping notification yet, only the charge and change of status to pending.

Only Verizon orders have seen shipping

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I made two (2) purchases on October the 4th.

1.)
Order date: Oct 4, 2016 10:27:40 AM PDT
Contents: Pixel XL + Protection + Project Fi SIM

2.)
Order date: Oct 4, 2016 10:30:06 AM PDT
Contents: Pixel + Protection + Project Fi SIM + Pixel Case + Pixel XL Case

Both orders are still in processing showing estimated date 10/26 - 10/28.
UPS delivery planner does not yet show anything.
Credit card was charged as pending for each respective order at the time they both went to closed, then processing.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the "Quite Black" Pixel XL 128gb on 10/4 at around 6pm CST and my order is still in a "preordered" status with an estimated shipping date of Thanksgiving week. Wow! *sigh*

Anyone else in the same boat. This is the part I dislike when ordering new devices.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the "Quite Black" Pixel XL 128gb on 10/4 at around 6pm CST and my order is still in a "preordered" status with an estimated shipping date of Thanksgiving week. Wow! *sigh*

Anyone else in the same boat. This is the part I dislike when ordering new devices.

Wow, that sucks... I ordered a regular Pixel on 10/5 and in Processing with ETA of 10/21-10/24 (expedited shipping).

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Ordered the 32GB XL on 10/09 with est delivery of 11/23-11/25. Changed today from pre-order to processing and now pending charge on credit card....Would be nice to get this much earlier..crosses fingers.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the 32GB XL on 10/09 with est delivery of 11/23-11/25. Changed today from pre-order to processing and now pending charge on credit card....Would be nice to get this much earlier..crosses fingers.

Yeah, I would assume that you will be getting it much earlier. Your status is the same as mine and I have a delivery window of 10/26 to 10/28. Good luck.

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Silver Pixel XL 128 GB 10/14 I got lucky as it was the last one on the Google store. It will be delivered on Nov 23-25. I am so confused over which color to get though so I ordered a Black one in 32 GB through Google Fi. Supposedly delivering by Oct 26. Which one should I keep with? is the Silver one a nice color?

I got the silver because most all my previous phones were black and was ready for something different. I would probably keep the extra storage though. I mean i have a 16GB phone now and i'm always out of space. previously i had a 8gb phone and thought man if i'm not using 8gb i'll be fine with 16. that was true for about the first year then i started running out of space. I dont' store photos or videos thanks to dropbox and google photo's so that's all apps and their data. i didn't' want that same thing happening with this phone at 32gb and since there was not 64gb version i sprung for the 128. I hope i won't have to worry about space again. at least while i have this phone.

MasterNeeks

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
My boat is the same and sinking ::(

I ordered the black 128 GB Pixel (not XL) and free shipping on 10/7/16 and got a Nov 23 deleviery date. Mine still says pre-ordered.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you by chance order yours with a Google home or something else that doesn't come out tomorrow? A few of the guys at work did that and noticed their ship dates were in November so they cancelled and ordered both separately, and their orders are now processing.

Now that I think about it. I did start the order with both items in Cart but then realized I would rather just get the Home out of pocket instead of financing and maybe that is what is going on. I don't know just trying to put some logic on the reasoning behind me getting my Pixel XL much later then people that ordered after me on the Google Store. This is the first piece of hardware I have ever pre-ordered and I do not like the wait :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware