Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the XL Black 128 on 10/4 and it's still on preorder. Has anyone seen any movement in their orders today?

I know Friday and Monday there were tons of them shipped.
Yes, I ordered the Pixel XL 128 GB from the Google Store at 2:36 in the afternoon of 10/4. This morning, at 9:56 a.m. (PST) I received a notification from my credit card company that the Google Store charge had just been processed. I waited about a half hour, and then checked my order status, which still showed Pending. I refreshed the page about 15 minutes later, and the status switched to Processing. Finally!!!

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
They need to fix this next time. I ordered on announcement day 10/4 and it's being delivered today. There's no reason that ordering on announcement day yields the same delivery date as someone ordering almost 2 weeks later.

I wonder if this has to do with location / supply in warehouse that delivers to that location. Mine was sent from CAROL STREAM, IL just like my Google Home was.

Most recent activity on my order is it reached / left a Fed Ex junction that is about 4 hours away. But still showing delivery for tomorrow.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I wish I had some inkling as to how a product launch and distribution of this magnitude are engineered. I'm sure it has to be more complicated than FIFO; there have to be logistical determinations made based on location of the consumer, location of distribution hubs, supply at each hub, etc. I would think a company with as many resources as Google could orchestrate a more coordinated and "fair" launch, but in that same breath it has to be minbogglingly complicated to put it into practice.

It is worth noting, however, that if I log into the Google Store and click on my order, despite it saying Shipped and giving a tracking number, with delivery scheduled for tomorrow, the Store still lists my order fulfillment date as November 23-25. Suh-wing and a miss, Google.

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
They need to fix this next time. I ordered on announcement day 10/4 and it's being delivered today. There's no reason that ordering on announcement day yields the same delivery date as someone ordering almost 2 weeks later.
I see your point but it makes sense if they got enough stock to fulfill two weeks of orders at the same time then you shouldn't get it sooner out of principal. They should supply as many as possible.

You didn't get skipped, you got the phone as soon as they got inventory, as did I. It just appears they got enough for everyone in that window

m698322h

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I can say their shipping was poorly engineered. I know mine will come from Carol Stream based on many facets of knowledge. My issue still does not explain why people who ordered days after me are getting theirs before me and they are getting it from Carol Stream.

bizziet

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine went to processing this afternoon from pending for the past 4 days. Ordered from Google Store XL 128gb Silver on 10/14. Those who have shipped, how long did it take from when it switch from pending to processing to actually shipping?

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
10/14 Google store 128 pixel. Still pending. Trying to only check my status twice a day, heh.

Just switched to processing! I went for the expedited shipping so my brain is taunting me with the possibility of getting it this week. :)

ETA And 4 hours later it's upgraded to shipped. Woot.

Last edited:

Kaiken

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
FedEx was supposed to deliver my phone by end of day today. Thought I can leave work early and beat the delivery. Got a notification that the package was delivered and left on the porch. Immediately called someone to check for me and they were able to grab it in time. I just, two weeks ago had an Amazon package stolen from my front porch. Boggles my mind Google doesn't require a signature for these, ****.

Anyways! Can't wait to leave work in a few hours to play with my new investment.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine went to processing this afternoon from pending for the past 4 days. Ordered from Google Store XL 128gb Silver on 10/14. Those who have shipped, how long did it take from when it switch from pending to processing to actually shipping?

Mine switched to processing late on Friday night and didn't switch to shipped until Monday afternoon. I do not know if the weekend had anything to do with the amount of time it took to change over. When I contacted Google for a status update, they told me my order had been processed for shipping, and the status would change over when the label was printed.

And I can completely agree that it is not fair for people who ordered on 10/4 to be getting their devices after others who ordered many weeks later. I was in that boat, too. I guess it's luck of the draw into what group you fall? It's a ****ty thing, because there's really no reason for FIFO to not be honered.

archermoo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Mine has in theory shipped. Which is to say Google lists it as such. I have a tracking number, though FedEx says that the label has been printed but they don't have the item yet. They're currently claiming it will be delivered Tuesday. We'll see if that changes after they actually have it.

Nothing changed until last night, when they finally listed it as having been received. And today about an hour ago it was listed as on a truck for delivery. So I should have it tonight. :)

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I see your point but it makes sense if they got enough stock to fulfill two weeks of orders at the same time then you shouldn't get it sooner out of principal. They should supply as many as possible.

You didn't get skipped, you got the phone as soon as they got inventory, as did I. It just appears they got enough for everyone in that window

In this case that may be true, but there were also plenty of people who ordered 10 days after launch day (10/14) who got shipping notices and deliveries before launch day orders even changed to pending. That's an issue of priority, not inventory; if it were truly FIFO, launch day orders would have been filled first as inventory became available.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up, You can't have your package held at a local fedex store because there is a restriction on the shipment according to a fedex rep. They said I have to speak to the shipper and google Customer support was like no you have to have them try to deliver it once. BS they will just leave it on my doorstep

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up, You can't have your package held at a local fedex store because there is a restriction on the shipment according to a fedex rep. They said I have to speak to the shipper and google Customer support was like no you have to have them try to deliver it once. BS they will just leave it on my doorstep
Reason number 5784 to hate FedEx...

archermoo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

Hmm. The only special handling instructions I see listed on my shipment are "Deliver Weekday" and "No signature required". Though in my experience with both FedEX and UPS is that once they are on a truck for delivery they won't hold it. And you generally have to wait until the next day to pick it up. Though I've had the local FexEX office be willing to go back and pull something off a truck that had returned for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko