Google Play downloads getting stuck again!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another thing I noticed - when it hangs in the middle of a download, force quitting and reopening will result in completing the download. But trying to download another app won't happen.
I don't remember if you mentioned, have you signed out of your google account out then back in , in setting>accounts ?

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember if you mentioned, have you signed out of your google account out then back in , in setting>accounts ?

I haven't. But remember that I did a factory reset and about 100 apps into restoring, the downloads froze. I just tried to log out on my phone, but it said I'd lose all contacts and data. I don't want to reinstall everything again. That was a nightmare. Is there any way to just revert back to a very old version of the Play store? I tried an app previously and I got an error msg.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't. But remember that I did a factory reset and about 100 apps into restoring, the downloads froze. I just tried to log out on my phone, but it said I'd lose all contacts and data. I don't want to reinstall everything again. That was a nightmare. Is there any way to just revert back to a very old version of the Play store? I tried an app previously and I got an error msg.
Ok cool , we skip this for now

I thought you rolled back to previous version when I asked earlier on in the thread ?
If not just long press play store then tap info and 3 dots upper right corner uninstall and don't let play store update to test . *First screen shot*

Also take play store out of battery optimized in same location under battery

Also put the phone in performance mode when long press battery icon in pull down notification panel in *2nd screen shot *Screenshot_20200602-000833_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20200602-001244_Device%20care.jpeg

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How about Download Booster -- is that on or off? www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-227370/. Or is that not available on your phone?
That's going to show up in the screenshot to the left of the WiFi icon if it's on. Mine is greyed out since I'm not currently downloading anything.
3bc6d59a7bff385e2c600ef908894b40.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but I'm just wondering if that could be causing glitches if it's on. Maybe turn it off if it's on?

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
OK. Just tried this. Not sure if it did anything because I switched keyboards to SwiftKey and everything in queue just started downloading. I switched back and it continued downloading. This is the issue I'm having. It seems that any change can *look* like it fixed the issue, but then it eventually reverts.

Verizon, but prepaid.

Yeah just speeds up bigger download using WiFi and data togetherView attachment 321101

I take it back. I do have it, but it's off.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But how do I run a control group here? The only thing that has consistently worked is safe mode (after I force quit the app). But I literally just switched keyboards and all my downloads started. It doesn't make sense.
Yeah that doesn't make sense , which keyboard you switch between?

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Stock Google to SwiftKey. But there have been a number of instances that trigger the downloads starting (like when I uninstalled nova). It just keeps reverting back to the same problem though.

Ok cool , we skip this for now

I thought you rolled back to previous version when I asked earlier on in the thread ?
If not just long press play store then tap info and 3 dots upper right corner uninstall and don't let play store update to test . *First screen shot*

Also take play store out of battery optimized in same location under battery

Also put the phone in performance mode when long press battery icon in pull down notification panel in *2nd screen shot *View attachment 321097View attachment 321098

Regarding rolling back, I did that. But doesn't it auto update back to the newest version?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you look at your Settings>Accounts menu and select your Google account, do you see any Sync Errors occurring there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332