Google Play downloads getting stuck again!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Stock Google to SwiftKey. But there have been a number of instances that trigger the downloads starting (like when I uninstalled nova). It just keeps reverting back to the same problem though.
I have all 3 on my phone also lol
How many trying to download ?

Regarding rolling back, I did that. But doesn't it auto update back to the newest version?
Let me check

Last edited by a moderator:

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have all 3 on my phone also lol
How many trying to download ?

I was trying to update 18 apps. But even when I don't have any to update this issue occurs. It's hit and miss. I drove from LA to Vegas, and when I got to Vegas, everything downloaded fine. I thought maybe it was my wifi at home. But no, same thing eventually happened here. From a computer standpoint, why would the issue keep starting and stopping. There has to be a logical explanation, especially since when I did a factory reset it got held up around app 100 of 225.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was trying to update 18 apps. But even when I don't have any to update this issue occurs. It's hit and miss. I drove from LA to Vegas, and when I got to Vegas, everything downloaded fine. I thought maybe it was my wifi at home. But no, same thing eventually happened here. From a computer standpoint, why would the issue keep starting and stopping. There has to be a logical explanation, especially since when I did a factory reset it got held up around app 100 of 225.
Try doing 3 or 4 at a time

I have the same 3 as you, and haven't had that problem when I switch.
Yeah me either

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just updated 21, and there weren't any problems.

Download booster mode Samsung Pay update only take about 3 seconds.
4802fd66b373ae3a3df91b4050b6d66b.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You have blutooth on ?

I'll follow up tomorrow
But go over this
Parental not on in play store
Phone storage not full or play store storage
If have SD card un mount it and try without it
Sign out then into Google account

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't really have a solution, and not even exactly the same issue, but Play Store updates just don't work properly on my Note 10+. Haven't since I got it. Sometimes they'll just pause, and never get anywhere until I stop the update process. Sometimes if I hit update all again they'll work normally, sometimes I have to give it a few hours and they'll update properly. Again, I know it's not your exact issue, but I somewhat feel your pain.

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Try turning it off , see if the download go through

No dice. Didn't fix the problem. I think we need to look at some logical answers. Throughout the day, it goes from being stuck on "downloading" to downloading part of the app, to downloading the whole app but not installing, to working just fine. This pattern doesn't make sense. Why does it inconsistently work? Is this really the result of a bad app or could it be a hardware issue?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Since you have tried most of the software solutions perhaps it is a hardware issue. I have issues with Play Store at times but the solutions mentioned always resolve them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No dice. Didn't fix the problem. I think we need to look at some logical answers. Throughout the day, it goes from being stuck on "downloading" to downloading part of the app, to downloading the whole app but not installing, to working just fine. This pattern doesn't make sense. Why does it inconsistently work? Is this really the result of a bad app or could it be a hardware issue?
Since we eliminated pretty much all the standard fixes that help in this situation and are known fixes. Might possibly be a app gone rouge or data and WiFi issue on your end .

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Since we eliminated pretty much all the standard fixes that help in this situation and are known fixes. Might possibly be a app gone rouge or data and WiFi issue on your end .

I've been on every different kind of network with the same results. And we already went through the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been on every different kind of network with the same results. And we already went through the apps.
So what you think ? Call it a glitch it a bug on at store and see if next update fixes it?

I've got another thing for you to try
Go into settings >apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>system apps tap , look for Google frame work there is 2 of them clear it's data, cache and force stop each , let me know.

Screenshot_20200603-221854_Settings.jpeg

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I've got another thing for you to try
Go into settings >apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>system apps tap , look for Google frame work there is 2 of them clear it's data, cache and force stop each , let me know.

View attachment 321198

Unfortunately, That didn't do anything except cause the Play store to stop working and give me an error message. I had to delete Google from my accounts and restart.

Carterman32

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
You use any ad guard? You have a very unique problem.

I think I finally figured it out. It appears to be the Amazon Alexa app. I can't believe of all things it's that. Wouldn't millions of people be having the same issue? And I need to be able to use Alexa, so not sure what to do. It seems to only hold up the downloads when I'm logged in. Merely having the app on the phone doesn't create any issues. I'm curious if this has affected anyone else with a GNote10+ with the latest firmware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I finally figured it out. It appears to be the Amazon Alexa app. I can't believe of all things it's that. Wouldn't millions of people be having the same issue? And I need to be able to use Alexa, so not sure what to do. It seems to only hold up the downloads when I'm logged in. Merely having the app on the phone doesn't create any issues. I'm curious if this has affected anyone else with a GNote10+ with the latest firmware.
That's great , just log out when you get notification for downloads ?

Also I put you in correct forum to see if any other Note 10 users would come forward in beginning , but looks like it's unique to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia